Thursday, July 3, 2014

June Favorites

June was a pretty crazy month for me! I moved home from my college town, which was an exhausting week of packing and moving from a 3rd story apartment. My boyfriend also took off for a 6-week adventure studying abroad in South Korea, you can follow his journey on his blog here. This month went by really quick for me but was filled with amazing memories! Below I am going to share 5 products that really stood out to me this month, whether they are new or old products, these were my favorites during the month of June. 


1. Sonia Kashuk Brush and Sponge Cleaner
I picked this up on a total whim from Target earlier this month and I've really been loving it! This is a daily spot cleaner for smaller brushes such as eyeshadow or eyeliner brushes. I still deep wash my makeup brushes with an actual brush shampoo (see how I do that here), but I use this on more of a day-to-day basis. To use this I spray a few sprays onto a towel, and then swirl my brush in it. It cleans out the current color you were using and leaves you with a clean brush that you can reuse right there on the spot. I wouldn't recommend using this on your larger brushes, those need a deep clean, but this is great for smaller brushes that you need clean to use a different color. 

2. BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Gloss in Rebel
This is my all time favorite lip gloss I think. The picture above makes it look a lot more pink than it is in person. It is a perfect "my lips but better" color for me. I love the formula of these glosses, they stay on, aren't too sticky, and give great color payoff. This color is fool proof for me as I can throw it on anytime and have it look good because it is such a close match to my natural lip color. I've had a sample size of this gloss for a while and finally purchased the full size this month and I'm so glad I did! 

3. Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain Gloss in India Intrigue
This gloss is BRIGHT. I absolutely love this color and will be picking up more colors from this line next time I'm at the drug store. It is called a moisture stain, which holds true because it feels very "watery" when applying it. If you were to use this all over your lips it would give a very pigmented coverage of a hot fuchsia color. I instead dot a few dots across my lips and then smear that out with my finger. It gives a shear wash of that bright color without being too obnoxious. This wears really well throughout the day as well since it is a stain.

4. MAC Blush in Melba
This has always been one of my favorite blushes, but I've been wearing it almost every day that I've worn makeup this month. It is a soft peachy-pink color and gives the prettiest wash of peach to the cheeks. It is perfect for summer, and MAC blushes are my favorite formula as they wear perfectly all throughout the day. If you are looking to purchase your first blush from MAC this is a pretty simple color that many different skin tones can pull off! If you want to see my top favorite products from MAC you can check out this post

5. Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment
Another lip treatment, yeah I'm obsessed like I've said before. I've had this lip treatment on my wish list from Sephora for a long time and recently I purchased it. I am really glad I did because it is the best lip balm! It goes on so soft, keeps my lips moisturized for a long time, and just feels so luxurious. I have been exclusively using this during the day, and my Agave Lip Mask over night. My lips have never felt better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS