Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Beauty Favorites

July went by super quick for me. Those who know me personally know that my boyfriend is actually in South Korea right now studying abroad. His trip was 6 weeks, he left in June and will return in just THREE DAYS! He was gone the entire month of July which wasn't fun. Anyone who has done long distance relationships know that you are constantly counting down days and trying to make the days go by faster, so that made July go by pretty quick for me! I am so extremely excited for him to be back, my heart could just explode!! :) It was also my birthday month, which automatically means it will be amazing, right? Here I am to share with you the favorite products I used in the month of July. Some of these are new things, and some are old.

Here we go with the product breakdown, feel free to click on the titles if interested in more information.



Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner
Up first, this toner. A skincare routine post will be coming up soon, but I've recently switched up some products and want to make sure I know my final thoughts on them before introducing them here on the blog. I use a toner morning and night, it really helps balance the PH levels of my skin and makes everything feel right. With that being said, I have to use a really gentle toner. Toners that include alcohol leave my skin really irritated and don't work well with my skin. This toner is really gentle, alcohol free, and great for sensitive skin. It works really well for me, Mario Badescu is one of my favorite skin care brands. I am definitely wanting to try some other toners from his range when it comes time to repurchase one!



MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in "Dephic" (not available online, no link)
I have fallen in love with a new bronzer. This was from their Alluring Aquatic collection which I'm not positive whether it is still available in stores.  Bronzer is always something that I've never really been able to find one that is perfect for me. I still haven't found that perfect bronzer that gives me exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm really enjoying this one. I have always used Hoola by Benefit, with a small contour brush. Since summer rolled around, I've completely changed up my method. I've been using a  duo fiber brush which gives a more natural look and really just sweeps the product on a lot lighter than a dense contour brush would. I find this look a lot more appropriate for summer. This bronzer does have a little bit of a sheen to it, but that doesn't translate onto the skin, and appears very matte once it is on. I've been loving this!



Bath and Body Works Body Wash in "Beautiful Day"
I recently finished up my last Twisted Peppermint body wash. Yeah, it's a problem when you buy so many that they last you until July. I really stocked up on those, it's my favorite scent ever! After I got over the fact that I don't have any more backup bottles of that, I opened this guy. Beautiful Day by Bath and Body Works. It smells so fresh and summery, which was a pleasant surprise. The description says "This delightful scent is a lively blend of sun kissed apple, sparkling cassis, and wild daisies brightened by fresh pink peony and creamy musk".....None of that makes sense, but it smells great I promise ;)




L'Oreal 24hr Infallible Eye Shadow in "Amber Rush"
I have always worn the same look, even if I'm experimenting with new palettes or new products, I usually go for a bright champagne color all over the lid, and neutral brown colors in the crease to darken it up. A few months ago I bought this eyeshadow and I've been killing it this month! I usually don't put a dark color on my eyelid, but I have been applying this on my eyelid, with a neutral brown color in the crease and it looks super bronze and perfect for summer! I love the color "Iced Latte" from this same line of eye shadows, they are so pigmented and look so amazing in any light.



Sonya Dakar Flash Facial 
I almost feel bad talking about this product because it is so expensive. I received it in my FabFitFun VIP Box, and I instantly thought "this is just a gimmick, it's just expensive because Gweneth Paltrow's name is affiliated with it", but that is wrong. This stuff is amazing. To apply, I rub it all over my clean, dry face and let it sit for 1-2 minutes. After those few minutes, you start to rub it off in circular motions, this is also going to help gently exfoliate and remove some dead skin cells. Then you just quickly rinse with water and you're good to go. It left my skin feeling so smooth and my skin felt amazing. It is gentle enough to use daily and I've been using it since I received my box and my skin has been loving it!! I definitely won't purchase this once it runs out, it is almost $100 for a bottle, but I will enjoy it while it lasts. :)


Well there you have it, my favorite beauty products that I tried this month. Hope everyone has an amazing August. Those of you heading off to college soon, I wish you the best of luck! My favorite season is right around the corner, fall :)!

As always, thanks for reading
xoxo, Jaimie

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS