Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bulu Box - July 2014 Vitamin and Supplement Subscription Box

Today I'm going to do a quick review of my first Bulu Box. It is another subscription box, that sends you a monthly box of products for a flat rate price. Bulu Box sends out vitamin and supplement samples each month. I will admit that this isn't a box that I would normally order on my own but it was on a great sale on Living Social so I snagged it up to try it for three months! 

The Rundown

The Box : Bulu Box - Website Here
The Price : $10 a month, or $110 for a 12 month subscription (save $10 with that option)
The Products : 4 to 5 premium samples
The Frequency : Monthly, mine shipped around the 15th. 
The Options : You can choose either the original Bulu Box, or the Weight Loss Box. I honestly don't know which box I got, I ordered from Living Social a few months ago and don't remember ever having the option to choose, but if I did I probably chose the weight loss option. 

Onto the products! I'm not going to go into extreme detail like I do with Birchbox vs. Ipsy only because I only have a 3 month subscription, and I didn't pay full price for this. I am not sure if I received the same box that regular Bulu Box subscribers received. If you want a full value breakdown, I can look into the prices for you, but most of it is just samples! 


Shapeology : Burn Blend Dietary Supplement
I received two packets of 2 capsules of this. The description in the information packet said 
"With clinically proven ingredients, Burn Blend mimics the effects of high metabolism so that you burn more calories and lose weight fast. Plus, its liquid delivery system means you can feel it working immediately." The full size pricing of this is 39.99 for 60 capsules. 

Toniiq : Hangover Prevention
This is a hangover prevention pill that claims to be "a liver detoxifier that helps you wake up ready for the day and for the gym". I don't see myself ever actually using this, I don't drink much, and when I do I'm not prone to getting hangovers. The full size value of this is $48.00 for 12 packets. Expensive! Gatorade and Advil are much cheaper ;) 


BSN Syntha-6 Protein Powder in Chocolate Milkshake
I was really excited to see this in here! My boyfriend and I both have tried different protein powders from this brand and really enjoy the way the blend up and the way they taste. I'm excited to give the chocolate one a try! This is a single serving sample, but I'm most excited to try this. 

K-PAX Energy : Immediate Nutrient Energy
This is a combination of vitamins, amino acids, antioxidants and caffeine. It contains no sugars, artificial taste or sweeteners. The full size value is $44.95 for 60 capsules, and this sample bottle contains 30 capsules. This was worth around $22 so it totally paid for the box (or three boxes in my living social scenario). The ingredients look fairly normal in this and so I will definitely be trying this as a vitamin. These two samples were the things that I was most excited about. 


Rutaesomn : Natural Sleep Aid
The informational packet says "Rutaesomn is a unique product that actually helps remove the caffeine from your body to ease you into sleep. It also helps maximize the recovery properties of sleep to help your body to burn more fat during the day". Full size value of this is $22.99 for 30 capsules and my sample just had 1 capsule. 

Soapbox 100% Natural Lavender Body Wash
I thought it was really cool to include an all natural body product in the box, I really loved seeing this. Unfortunately, I can't stand the smell of lavender, but that isn't the box's fault at all, most people love it! The back of this soap sample said "1 bottle purchase = 1 year of vitamins for a child in need through our charity partner". They sell at Target and next time I'm there I'm definitely going to try a different scent so that a child in need can receive a year of vitamins! : )

Pur-Absorb Iron : Prevent Iron Deficiency
Not sure how to explain this one so this is what the card says ... "A change in diet can cause a drop in your blood's iron content which may result in a number of health concerns including feeling weak, fatigued or irritable. Pur-Absorb Iron restores your body's iron supply with a highly absorbable formula that is 100% natural". Full size value for this guy is $21.99 for 28 packets. 



Well there you have it! Like I said above, I have a 3 month subscription to this box, so I will have two more reviews coming your way in the next two months. I enjoyed receiving a different kind of subscription box, but I don't think I would have purchased this without the deal. I am kind of weird when it comes to trying new supplements or vitamins that I like to know exactly what is being put into my body. Bulu Box promises that they would never send out a sample that isn't FDA approved which makes me feel a little better.

Hope you enjoyed this quick review, have a great day! 

As always, thanks for reading! 
xoxo, Jaimie

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS