Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Boxycharm | May 2015

Hi everyone! 

I'm back again with another Boxycharm review. If you didn't catch my post last month about Boxycharm, then you can read about it here. It was my first month trying this box, and I was highly impressed. 4 out of the 5 products were full size, and I've actually been using a lot of those products since I received the box. Spoiler: This month, ALL the products were full size. 

Let's get right into what I received in my box this month. If you're interested in trying out Boxycharm for yourself, you can check it out here! 


1. ModelCo Bronze Shimmer >>> Value : $22.00
This was a great product to get right before summer. It is a great size, and I have tried things from this brand before and loved them. Unfortunately, this is a pretty dark bronzer, and I'm still pretty fair right now. I think I will like this more into summer when I have a good tan, but it is a great product. I just tried it out today and it looks alright, just a tad darker than I'm quite ready for ;) Overall impressed though. 

2. Lauren B. Beauty Nail Polish in Sunset Blvd >>> Value : $18.00
This is such a pretty color, that my camera wouldn't pick up perfectly. I would say it is a 3/4 red, and 1/4 orange. It makes such a pretty coral color that is more on the red side. I think this color is perfect for spring and summer, and I'm excited to try it out! I've never tried this brand, but for $18 a bottle, I'd assume it's a good formula. I'll keep you updated!

3. Bodyography Essential Brow Trio >>> Value : $19.00
This is such a handy little product to have a few shades of brow powders to throw in your travel bag, or your everyday makeup routine. I've never heard of this brand before, but the packaging is so nice, and this is a pretty good price point for three brow colors. I n the picture below, I will probably use the color on the bottom left of the trio wheel. This package is a bit dark, even for me as a brunette, but we will see. I'm excited to try this out!

4. The Lip Bar Lipstick in Purple Rain >>> Value : $20.00
I was so excited for this, as I saw other reviews from other bloggers, and they were all getting amazing colors. Unfortunately, I received a color that I'll never wear, so this was a bit of a fail for me. It is a bright purple color. I tried it on, and it made my teeth look an awkward gray color, and really drowned out my skin tone. I am not a fan, so it's a bummer that I received one of the less wearable colors. The packaging of these lipsticks are so creative and fun though! Bummed, this was a fail.

5. Bodyography Brow Brush >>> Value : $18.00
This is the same brand as the brow powder, and I'm impressed! This is the perfect brow brush as it has a really nice angled brow brush on one end, and a spoolie on the other end. I have a ton of brushes, but I actually don't have a dual ended brow brush, so I was excited to receive this!


Well there you have it!

TOTAL VALUE OF THIS BOX : $98.00
I paid $21 for this box, so this seems like a great value to me! My favorite product, was the brow powder/brush combo, and the nail polish. My least favorite product was the lipstick.

Overall, I know I will use 4 of the 5 products, so that is good by me!

Want a box like this for yourself? Check out Boxycharm HERE! 


As always, thanks for reading
xoxo, Jaimie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS