Friday, August 8, 2014

Summer Essentials

Summer is definitely happening in full force right now, and so I thought it would be the perfect time to share with you all some of my favorite products that I just have to have in the summer. Don't get me wrong, I love these products all year long, but these products help everything stay in place and I especially reach for them in the summer!! 



1. Sunscreen!

A good SPF is essential year round, but especially in the summer time. There are plenty you can grab from the drugstore that are a very reasonable price. I have found that a lot of the drugstore options break me out, and this one by Philosophy is pretty much the only facial SPF that doesn't break me out. If you don't currently own a sunscreen then it is your best interest (and your skin's) to go grab some and get in a good habit of applying it daily after cleansing and moisturizing.

This one isn't available on the Philosophy website anymore or else I'd totally link to where you can purchase it! Regardless, any sunscreen is better than no sunscreen, so make sure you try your hardest to form a healthy habit of applying it daily! 

2. Bright Nail Polish

Of course there is no right or wrong time to wear a certain color of nail polish, but there is something about Summer that makes bright nail polish seem so appropriate! It was pretty tough to narrow it own to my top three favorite bright polishes but here they are! From left to right we have "Watermelon" by Essie, "Pool Boy" by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, and "Kerfuffle" by Butter London. 

3. Facial Spray

Facial spray is one of those products that you are either going to love or hate. Some think they are just a gimmick and a waste of money, but I obviously love them if I'm mentioning it here! My favorite pictured above is so refreshing on my face and it is really affordable! I purchase mine at Ulta and will continue to repurchase this guy. I spray mine in the morning after cleansing, after doing my makeup, at night before I go to bed, and anytime throughout the day that my face feels dull or like it is lacking moisture, I don't do all of that everyday, but just whenever I fell like I need a refresher I use this! It smells great, and makes me skin feel so refreshed. I wish they made this in a little travel size so I could keep one in my purse.

4. Primer

I use a primer whenever I wear makeup, year round, but in the summer it definitely moves into the "essential" category. It helps my makeup stay on longer and stronger (whew, a rhyme), but for real, it works wonders! My favorite is by Benefit, pictured above. It really evens out my skin tone, fills in fine lines and pores, and makes my skin matte. There are some great options from the drugstore that you can pick up also if you're interested in making your makeup stay on through the heat! I have an entire post all about primer, you can check it out right here!

5. Bright Lips! 

Along with the nail polish, summer is also the perfect time to try out different bright lip colors. My favorites are up above, and as you can see I prefer to dive into the bright lips with glosses and stains. I find that bright lipstick is a little too intense for my skin tone and can really wash me out. As you can also see, I really gravitate toward a fuchsia lip in the summer when I want a bright look. Most people would look at this picture and say "those are all identical" but I promise that they all look and feel totally different when applied!

From left to right we have ... "India Intrigue" by Revlon, "Priscilla" by NARS, and "Dolly Girl" by Nyx.

And...Faux Tan Face
In the main picture, there is a product called Faux Tan Face by BareMinerals. I forgot to take an individual picture of it, and it is currently dark outside. This a recent purchase for me, but after just a few uses I really love it! I apply it on clean skin at night, and I wake up with a nice glow. It doesn't make my face "orange" or "too tan" to where my makeup doesn't match, it just gives a really healthy glow to the skin. I absolutely am loving this! Its $24 from Sephora or your nearest BareMinerals counter. I would recommend it if you like having a nice warmth to your skin!



Well, there are my Summer Essentials. I probably could go on and on about things that I love in the summer, but these are the things that I especial love ; )

What are your summer essentials?

As always, thanks for reading
xoxo, Jaimie


2 comments:

  1. Great post! Thanks for responding to my Lucky post too. And I also love Essie "Watermelon", it's definitely an essential.

    »Carol

    http://quint-int.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Carol! I actually am going to paint my nails with Watermelon tonight ;) One of my favorites, such a nice pink color without being too obnoxious!

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS