Sunday, August 24, 2014

2014 MTV Video Music Awards - Best and Worst Dressed

Well I just finished watching the VMA's and I figured I would round up my favorite, and not so favorite, looks from the night. Please keep in mind that everyone has a different taste of fashion, but that is what makes it so fun! Leave your top picks down below of who you thought looked the best!

BEST DRESSED 

1. Jennifer Lopez
I loved her dress, it was sexy and risky in all of the right areas and yet she still maintained a classy look to it all. If anyone else wore this, I might think it looks a little obnoxious, but the fact that J-Lo is  45 years old, this just blows my mind with how great she looks in anything she wears!
2. Julianne Hough
She looked so classy, I saw this dress from the front and immediately loved it. I love navy blue, and I love the subtle cut outs, but once she turned around really sealed the deal for me! This look was definitely my favorite. 

3. Kim Kardashian
A lot of people are hating on what Kim wore tonight, but I am totally obsessed! It might also be that she is my ultimate woman crush, but this look is so unique. I think that Kim can do no wrong, and she can pull off designers and looks that not many people can. I love the colors of this dress, and I love the design and the layout of the dress. The shoes really bring it together also, I love it! 
4. Nina Dobrev
If her hair was in a really cute side braid, it would really pull this together, I'm not a fan of the hair, but totally a fan of the dress! Obviously red and black always look perfect together, and I love the leather detailing around the waist that ties the two colors together. The subtle slit at the bottom is the perfect height to showcase her shoes. Love this look on her! Perfect lipstick choice as well for this look.

WORST DRESSED 

1. Amber Rose
I honestly don't think that I have to say much here... The VMA's are definitely one of the few music award shows that isn't a complete formal event and celebs often go on the risky side of things, but this is totally off the spectrum of risky. She is a new mom and I think everyone was expecting her to go on the more conservative side of things, but we all thought wrong ;) 
2. Charli XCX
I feel like animal print was so "four years ago" and it just doesn't even come close to blending in with other looks that people are wearing. If that was her goal, then she succeeded, she definitely stood out! I also am not a fan of the color, if it was a deeper color I might have been a bigger fan. Also, the clutch does nothing but clash with the look. 
3. Rita Volk
I hate putting this dress in my worst dressed category, because it has so much potential. I absolutely love the lace detail. The sheer panels on her arms blend in too well with her skin tone that it almost makes it look awkward because you're unsure if that is material or skin. Also, the way the fabric comes to a point in the front makes it look like she is wearing a unitard because again, the sheer panels just blend in too well. If the dress didn't come to a point in front, it might not be so bad.
4. Taylor Swift
I honestly can't say much here, I haven't been a fan of anything she has worn in a couple years now. This romper isn't the right length for her height, if a few more inches were added on, that would definitely help. She has the body and the legs to pull this off, but rompers on tall girls don't always look the most flattering. Also not a fan of the graphic lettering on the romper, just don't quite understand it. I do love her shorter hair and shoes though!


Well there were my top fashion picks, and the worst of the night for me. Which look did you like the best?

As always, thanks for reading
xoxo, Jaimie

all photos curtesy of www.mtv.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS