Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Everyday Makeup Routine

Hey everyone! Today I wanted to do a post that really rounds up the products that I use daily. I am always experimenting with makeup, and trying new products, but I definitely have my "go-to" makeup look that I wear to work daily, and most days unless it's a special occasion or I have extra time to get ready and try new products.

Please keep in mind, everyone views/likes makeup differently. I genuinely enjoy doing my makeup and this might look like a lot of products to some of you, or not that many to the rest of you, but it works for me and that is all that matters! : )

Step 1: Eye Makeup

I always do my eye makeup first, I have always done it that way so that I don't have to worry about budging my face makeup while working on my eyes.

The first thing I do is apply a cream eyeshadow all over my lid. The one I use daily is by Benefit Cosmetics in the color R.S.V.P, it's a really nice champagne color, which really just looks like my normal lid color but with some shimmer. As you can tell by the photo, I am running out of it!



Next I go in with a crease color. For my normal makeup look day to day, I don't go too crazy with the eyeshadow. If there is a special occasion or I really want to get "glammed up" then I will go in with multiple shadows to achieve a really nice smokey eye, but for everyday I just want some dimension to my lid. I use a mid-tone brown color, and just put that right into my crease. This is just going to add a little bit of dimension so that my eyes look alive! Pretty much any makeup palette is going to have a mid-tone brown color for a transition shade.

Next I go in with eyeliner and mascara. I love a perfect winged liner, but it just isn't realistic on those busy mornings. I usually just go in with a normal pencil liner for a pretty thin line on the top lash line, as well as my waterline on the bottom. I know some people can't stand putting black in their waterline, but it is what looks best on me and my brown eyes! I feel like I look so weird without black in my waterline! The best eyeliner that works for me in my waterline are the 24/7 eyeliners from Urban Decay!

I am constantly trying new mascaras, so this step is constantly changing in my routine, but my holy grail is the Physicians Formula Organic Wear mascara. I've also been currently loving the Essence I Love Crazy Volume Extreme mascara! The small mascara on the right is the Bottom Lash Mascara from Clinique, it is the smallest brush and really gets in and coats every single bottom lash.



Step 2 : Face Makeup

For day to day wear, I definitely like my complexion to be even and matte. I am very oily so I definitely want to apply some good coverage to keep those oils at bay throughout my day but I don't like to pile on makeup when it is just day to day.

I first always apply a primer, my favorite is the PoreFessional by Benefit. I have an entire post rounding up my favorite primers and a lot of information about primer, you can find that here!  Primer isn't necessary for everyone, but like I said I have combination to oily skin so using a primer helps my makeup stay on longer.

I then go in with my foundation. I have a few favorite foundations but the one that I reach for daily is Loreal True Match foundation. It is lightweight, and gives a really thin natural coverage to my skin! I use a Beauty Blender to apply my foundation. I run it under water and then squeeze all of it out so it remains damp. I apply a dot of foundation on each cheek, my forehead, and my chin. I then use the beauty blender to blend it out over my whole face. I use a concealer under my eyes to help brighten my face up, and also help conceal my dark circles. I am constantly using different ones depending on what kind of coverage I'm wanting, but a good daily go-to is the NYX HD Concealer. It has great packaging, and is affordable from the drugstore!

Like I've had to state a few times, I have really oily skin so it is absolutely necessary that I use a powder to set my foundation. I use MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural. It is really finely milled and provides a little extra layer of coverage. It keeps me matte (to an extent) and works really well with my foundation.

Step 3 : Cheek, Lip, and Brow Products

This is the part of my routine that can change up the most depending on what I'm wearing and how I'm feeling, but on a normal day to day I usually reach for the same products. For bronzer, I wear an extra dimension bronzer from MAC, unfortunately it isn't available anymore, it was from a limited edition collection. For blush, since it's summer I've been exclusively reaching for Melba from MAC, it is the perfect peach color and works really well with my skin tone!

For lips, I don't do much on a daily basis. Usually I just apply lip balm when I am going to work. If I'm doing something important and need some color on my lips, it really just depends what I am feeling like. The NYX Lip Butters are seriously so amazing, I'd recommend any color! They stay on your lips for a long time, and provide a really good color pay off for the price!

Brows are something that I can't forget regardless of what kind of look I'm doing. I have really full brows to begin with, so it's not that I'm extremely self conscious or anything of my natural brows, it is just so true that having well groomed brows can make a HUGE difference in your appearance. It frames your face so well and balances out everything on your face. I don't like to pencil in my brows, I just fill them in a little with a powder. I use Milani brow fix, which is the ONLY drugstore products that I've ever tried that can compete alongside my high end brow products.


Well there you have it, my everyday makeup routine. It seems like a lot since it is all written out and explained, but it's fairly simple! I would recommend every single product in this post and have been using them all for well over a year so I can recommend them with confidence! These products are all holy grail for me and I will always continue to repurchase them (unless something better comes along).

ALL PRODUCTS MENTIONED:
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil
Essence I love Crazy Volume Mascara
Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Benefit PoreFessional Primer
Loreal Tru Match Foundation
NYX HD Concealer
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural
MAC Bronzer (not available anymore, sorry)
MAC Blush in Melba
Milani Brow Fix
Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy
NYX Lip Butter in "Creme Brulee"

As always, thanks for reading!
xoxo, Jaimie

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS