Thursday, August 14, 2014

Recently Read : Chapter 1

Giving you something new on the blog today! I really want to blog about all things that I enjoy, since this is a beauty and lifestyle blog. I love reading blog posts about books that people have read and enjoy starting a conversation about book recommendations based on books I've recently read. I am a pretty slow reader, so these posts might not come as often as I plan, but anytime I finish a book I will be sure to share my thoughts on here :) Also, don't worry, there won't be any spoilers in this post. If you haven't read any of these books I won't ruin it for you I promise!



1. Stolen by Lucy Christopher
This book was recommended to me by my good friend Kaitlyn. It is a really affordable book for the Kindle (under $3) if you use one and it's a pretty quick read! It is about a 16 year old girl named Gemma who is traveling with her parents and is currently on layover at Bangkok Airport. She heads to grab coffee and meets a guy named Ty, who was an older guy who appeared very rugged. Not your typical "hot guy at the airport" you bump into. He offers to buy Gemma's drink, and then he drugs it.... Then before she even knows it, she was Stolen. This story unfolds an obsession that has been developing for years as a result of Ty stalking Gemma. The story follows her being brought to literally the middle of nowhere in the Australian desert. This is a story of survival, and whether she can come to terms with her situation. The story was written in a letter format, as if Gemma was writing a letter to Ty. It was really good! The ending was a bit rushed, but I would still recommend it for sure! It isn't too "scary" or anything, but it definitely keeps you on your toes! 

2. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
This WAS SO GOOD! It is a story about a couple, Nick and Amy, who appear to have a picture perfect life. On their 5th wedding anniversary, Nick comes home to find his wife Amy missing! The story follows both sides of the story, the chapters bounce back and forth between Nick and Amy's individual point of view. There is two parts to the story. Part one follows Nicks point of view in present time, while his wife is missing and you are constantly going back and forth as to whether he is the good guy or the bad guy. Part one also follows Amy's point of view, but it is in the past which gives you an idea of the events that lead up to Amy missing. It can be kind of confusing to follow along since it is constantly jumping back between present time and past time, but it's not too bad! Part two is where it gets REALLY good, I read the second part of the book in one day. Everything starts coming together and making sense and you start to find out answers. I can't say much more without spoiling the book, but it truly is amazing and I'd highly highly recommend it if you're into mystery/thriller type books! This is also being made into a movie, and Ben Affleck is the main character ;) I'm super excited to see the movie and I highly, highly recommend this book!


Hope you guys enjoyed my first "chapter" of book reviews! I just started "Is everyone hanging out without me?" by Mindy Kailng so the next review will be more on the funny side! If you have any other good book recommendations please leave them down below! I really like anything, but mostly thriller/mystery books.

As always, thanks for reading
xoxo, Jaimie

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness - i love "gone girl." her other books (sharp objects and dark places - i think is the title?), are amazing as well. i want to read "stolen" now, too! thank you for the recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely am adding more of Gillian Flynn's books to my list! I seriously can't wait for Gone Girl to come out as a movie! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS