Monday, June 2, 2014

My Top 5 Must Have Mascaras!

I am thinking that once every few weeks I will share my top 5 products in a certain category (mascaras, bronzers, lip glosses, face wash). Like I've stated before I try a lot of products out so narrowing it down to 5 that I will continue to repurchase really shows the products that I know and love! Today I will be sharing my top 5 must have mascaras! Yes, these will be in order!

1. Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara

If I could only choose one mascara that I could repurchase over and over, number 1 and number 2 would be my choices. This one would win the battle because it is a drugstore option and is affordable! It is by the brand Physicians Formula and it is an organic wear mascara. This is the ONLY mascara that I can literally apply coat after coat after coat and it doesn't get clumpy, it doesn't merge all of my lashes into three giant lashes, and it doesn't weigh them down. This is my hands down favorite mascara. This is also a great finishing mascara, if you try out a mascara that doesn't quite look the way you want it to, adding a layer of this over it can help seperate the lashes and add more volume. 

The bristles of this brush are a "rubber" bristled brush, which I don't have a huge preference on the type of bristle, more of a preference of the actual formula. I know that some people strictly only use plastic bristled brushes or strictly only use natural bristle brushes, so I thought I'd let you know! 

2. Too Faced "Better than Sex" Mascara
This is another holy grail product for me, it is really comparable to the mascara listed above, but the brush shape is completely different. This brush has "natural" bristles. This brush shape is larger on the ends, and smaller in the middle. This mascara allows for me to achieve a "clump-free" look without having to use multiple products to get my lashes looking perfect. This mascara separates the lashes, gives an even application, dark black color, and lasts all day :) What more could you ask for right? 

3. Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
I love this little guy so much! I have really long bottom lashes, and I can't stand the look of bottom lashes that are clumped together, or only curled on the outside of the bottom lash line. This brush is SO tiny that it allows me to get each and every eyelash from the outer corner to the inner corner which really displays an even application and makes my eyes pop! Ever since I have purchased this years ago, I have continued to repurchase it over and over. I will never go back to using a normal mascara on the bottom lash line! 

4. Loreal Telescopic Mascara
Another drugstore option here! This mascara is great for lengthening your lashes, if you lose length in your lashes throughout the day, I would recommend trying something like this first, and then following up with a second application of a volumizing mascara such as #1 or #2 in this post. I have to be pretty careful with this mascara though because if I spend too long mesmerized on how long my lashes are getting, it can get clumpy before I know it. Some people like that look, and they like the "spider-lashes" look, but not for me! I really do love this mascara for lengthening, another great one that is pretty much identical to this is Maybelline Line Stiletto, I've been purchasing that since high school!

This has a "rubber" bristle brush. 

5. Benefit "They're Real" Mascara
If I would have written this post a year ago, this mascara would be number one easily! I used this mascara to the death of it, multiple times and since then I have just continued to try out new ones, which just pushes this to the back of my mascara drawer. I really do love it, and it is a great option if you're looking to try a high-end mascara for the first time. The formula is great, and doesn't clump on me. If you can tell in the picture above, at the end of the rubber bristle brush, there is a "ball" that is such a cool feature to this mascara. The recommended application is to do one coat with this normally, go in with the "ball" part of the mascara to push the lashes up along the lash line, and then follow with another coat. I really do love this mascara, it is a staple for me! 


Well there you have it, my top 5 must have mascaras. If I could only narrow down my stash to 5 these would be it! I have tried and loved these ones and I know they work great for me and the look I like to achieve with my lashes! 

What is your favorite mascara? I love trying new ones!! 


Thanks for reading! 
Jaimie






No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS