Tuesday, June 3, 2014

5 things you SHOULD be doing at night time!

They don't call it "beauty sleep" for no reason, turns out you can do really beneficial things for your skin and hair while you are snoozing throughout the night. There are so many overnight treatments you can do for all sorts of reasons but today I'm narrowing it down to five things that I do myself, and you should also be working at incorporating these five things into your night time routine! 





1. Remove your makeup! 
I cringe inside when I see someone on TV sleeping with their makeup on, or when someone tells me that they often fall asleep with their makeup on. Makeup can clog your pores and sleeping with it on is just going to continue to clog your pores, which in turn is going to lead to unhealthy skin and blemishes. At the very least, it is necessary to use a makeup removing wipe every. single. night. My favorite brand is from Ponds, but you can even just use baby wipes. I keep my makeup wipes right on my night stand so even if I'm beyond tired and don't want to get out of bed to wash my face, I can at least take my makeup off. 

If you really want to be working for your skin and not against it, it is necessary to cleanse your skin every night. If you really work on it for a few weeks you will notice a difference and hopefully create a habit in your nightly routine. I can totally tell a difference when I skip a night of actual cleansing, so this has been something that I can't skip. My favorite cleanser is Purity by Philosophy, and I use my Clarisonic Mia2 to cleanse with. There are great face washes from the drug store if you want to start experimenting, but it is good to start simple so you don't irritate your skin. (skin care routine will be coming soon to the blog). 


2. Sleep with your hair up! 

Sleeping with your hair down not only can damage the ends and cause un-wanted friction on the strands, but your natural oils from your hair can lay along your face and cause, yet again, blemishes. It is good to sleep with your hair out of your face, but not in a super tight bun because that can also damage the hair. I like to sleep with a elastic hair tie so it creates minimal damage. You can find some elastic hair ties at my Etsy shop here, but you can also pick some up at your nearest drug store!! 

3. Use an eye cream!

Dermatologists have always said that females as early as their 20s should be applying an eye cream every night. This is a preventative measure, so it isn't something that you are going to see a drastic change overnight. I have honestly only ever used one eye cream, because it takes such a small amount to cover the under eye and brow bone. The one I use is from Tarte, I really love this one but am open to trying a new one when this one runs out, any suggestions? 

4. Apply a hand cream!

Every night I apply a hand cream, and also use it as a cuticle cream. I have noticed a huge difference in the softness of my hands and the condition of my cuticles since making this a mandatory thing in my night time routine. Again, I keep my hand cream right on my night stand so there is really no excuse for skipping this step. I get a lot of hand creams in my subscription boxes, so I have a lot of trial size hand creams that I use, but one that I have purchased a few times is this one from Burts Bees, it has a natural smell, but really moisturizes my hands and cuticles! The body butters from The Body Shop are also amazing for overnight! 

5. Treat your lips! 

Another mandatory part of my night routine is to apply a heavier lip balm right before I hit the sheets. My favorite right now is the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, you can read my review about it here, and you can purchase it here. It is a thicker lip balm that keeps my lips moisturized overnight. If you don't have a lip treatment, at least applying a chapstick before you fall asleep will help keep your lips smooth and healthy! Some other lip treatments I could recommend would be the Nivea Olive Oil and Lemon chapstick (green tube), Philosophy "Kiss me Tonight", and The Body shop Lip Butters. Can you tell I'm obsessed with lip balm and especially the "treatment" kind? Give one a try and you'll notice a difference in the condition of your lips! 



Do you have any specific things you do overnight that help your skin, nails, or hair? I'd love to hear them!! 

Thanks for reading,
Jaimie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the excellent information. Great skin doesn’t happen by chance it happens from a good skin care treatment. As we live in an era of smoke and pollution our facial skin requires certain treatments. In order to fight off these hazards, Professional medicated skin treatments are the best solution available. These treatments are just like oil changes for your car that are always needed to be on time.
    LARC offers the medicated facial treatments in Lahore to make your skin healthy and glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your unique perspective is always refreshing. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    Bus Rental Sharjah

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS