Sunday, June 15, 2014

Top 6 Must Have elf Products

elf (eyes.lips.face) has always been known as being a "cheap" brand because the majority of their products are under $5. In the past year or so they have really stepped up their products, with still keeping their prices incredibly affordable. Every once in a while I'll place an order online to try new products, and sometimes they are a complete bust, but sometimes I can really find great products that are a fraction of the price of other products similar to it! Today I will share with you 6 of the products from elf that I would recommend over and over, and that I will continue to repurchase myself!

Elf has three categories to their makeup, Studio, Essential, and Mineral. I will say that the majority of products that are just complete busts are form the essential and the mineral collections. The studio collection has really been the one that stands out to me and has plenty of great products all right around $3.00!

1. Studio Brushes
I have tried pretty much their entire brush collection and only a few really stand out to me and I use daily. The powder brush is really great, it is only $3.00 and it is by far my favorite powder brush I have ever used! The top of the brush is flat so it makes it really easy to apply powder to give an extra layer of coverage and it totally feels like some of my more expensive brushes! 

The brush on the right is the kabuki face brush, which also feels like a luxury brush to me. This one is actually $6, the only thing in this post that isn't three dollars, but that is still a really great price for a really great brush. It is so soft and has lasted me a few years at least. I use it as my last step to my makeup to make sure my blush and bronzer are blended smoothly with no harsh lines! 

If you are looking for some new brushes, the studio line of brushes is actually really great! 

2. Studio Brush Shampoo
Speaking of brushes, if you want to keep them nice, then it is essential that you wash your makeup brushes! Elf has a really great brush shampoo that is also just $3. It does the job and this bottle lasts a long time, you can also use baby shampoo to get the same effect but if you're looking to try something new for your brushes I have purchased this elf brush shampoo multiple times! Elf also has a daily brush shampoo that comes in a spray form for spot cleaning your brushes between uses that I have never tried, I'm sure it is great and I will definitely pick one up next time I'm at Target! 

If you want to learn more about washing your brushes make sure to check out my tutorial here

3. Studio Matte Lip Color
These matte lip colors are really great! I picked up the color "Rich Red" a long time ago on a whim and it is actually really great! The lip stick is shaped in a way that it could also resemble a lip liner so it makes it really easy to apply a dark color like the red and make sure its perfect! They last a pretty long time considering the price, but I wouldn't reach for this if I'm looking for something that is going to stay all night long. They are cheap, and work great for the price if you're looking for a lip color to throw in the purse, they are fool proof! 

4. Studio Brush & Bronzer Duo
This blush and bronzer duo is one of elf's best selling product, and the main reason is because its a dupe for a high end duo. If you don't know what dupe is, it is exactly what it sounds like, a duplicate for a different product. There is three different color options for this duo from elf, and the color St. Lucia is pretty much exactly like the blush/bronzer duo from the brand NARS in the color "Laguna/Orgasm". You can google pictures of the two and they look identical! The NARS one might have better pigmentation or lasting power considering it is $40 more, but if you're in the market for a great blush and bronzer, then I would choose this one before the NARS one! 

5. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
This is pretty much the only product from the mineral collection from elf that I have found worth it. It is a great eyeshadow primer! If someone was to apply this on one of my eyes, and my Urban Decay primer on the other eye, I honestly wouldn't be able to tell the difference! It is so affordable, one tube lasts a long time, and it honestly does the job. I would totally recommend this guy! 

6. Studio Blush
One of the first products that I decided to give a try from elf was their blushes! I own 3 or 4 colors and I really like them. Obviously they aren't as great as my blushes from mac or a high end brand, but they really get it done for only being $3! They are pigmented and have pretty good lasting power! They have a good color selection, some of my favorites are Blushing Rose, Mellow Mauve, and Fuchsia Fusion. 

Where to Buy Elf?
If you aren't sure where you can buy elf at, check out this page, enter your zip code and it will tell you places near you where you can find these great products! 


Am I missing any great products from elf, what products have you tried from them and loved? Also, I have done this type of post with elf and MAC, any other brands that you would like me to sum up my favorites from? Let me know!

As always, thanks for reading! 
Jaimie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS