Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Products I've Used Up : #1

Today I'm showing you my trash. Yes, you read that right, my trash. I will be sharing some products that I've used completely up to the last drop, so I can truly share my opinion and my final thoughts on the product, instead of just my first impression. Here we go...

1. Ponds Makeup Remover Wipes


These have been my favorite wipes for years now. I use a makeup remover every night, before I wash my face. I go through these quite a bit, as you can see up above. I usually buy the value pack, where you get two big packages, and one travel size package. One package is under $5. These ones are a little "wet" which I like. I know some people don't love makeup wipes that are wet, but I do. It helps the makeup get off faster without too much rug and tug on my skin. These are also REALLY gentle, I can use these to remove my eye makeup, and there is never any irritation.

Will I Repurchase? : Yes, of course. :)

2. Rite Aid Brand Makeup Remover Wipes
3. Ponds Luminous Clean Makeup Remover Wipes


As you can obviously see, I go through a lot of makeup wipes. I've been saving them up for a while because I knew this post was coming. I bought the Rite Aid brand ones, because it says that they are comparable to Ponds, but half the price. I will say, they are comparable, but definitely not the same. These would work if I ever got into a bad money crunch and couldn't afford to keep buying the Ponds one, but those ones are worth the extra $2. These aren't quite as gentle, but still really nice if you are looking for some cheap ones. The pink Ponds one are just as great as the original blue. They came as a bonus on one of the packages I had previously.

Will I Repurchase? : No, I won't. I would purchase the pink wipes if they were out of the blue ones, but those are my go-to, and I don't see any reason to try any other ones!

4. Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara


This is my holy grail mascara. I've used it for years, and I always, always go back to it. It is a really great brush, with an amazing formula. It is organic, which doesn't matter to me, but it is a nice added bonus to a great mascara. I like to layer mascaras, to be sure that I have great length and volume, but this does both. I never need to layer mascara, and this also NEVER clumps. I swear I could sit in front of the mirror and apply this for 10 minutes and I wouldn't get a single clump!!

Will I Repurchase? : Yes :) I have a lot of mascaras I need to get through, but I will purchase this one when I'm ready!

*remaining photos were taken on my iPhone. My camera battery died, and my camera charger is down at my parents, sorry!! xo 

5. Maybelline Age Instant Rewind Concealer


This is a really great concealer! They make it in really bright shades, for brightening your under-eye, as well as darker shades to match your foundation and cover blemishes. I don't know if I've ever found a concealer that can so effortlessly work in so many different areas of my face. Every store around me currently doesn't have my color (medium), and I'm realizing how much I love this stuff!! I'm patiently waiting for a store near me to get my shade in so I can repurchase immediately! I highly recommend this concealer if you are new to using concealer, or just want something that is very simple to use, and kind of fool-proof.

Will I Repurchase? : Yes, as soon as my color pops into Target or Rite Aid!

6. Batiste Dry Shampoo in "A Hint of Color Dark & Deep Brown"


This is my favorite dry shampoo, ever. I have tried other ones before I discovered this, but now that I've found this, I don't see any reason to try new ones. I ran out of this about a month ago, and I finished up a few others during that time, but I definitely missed this guy. It soaks up oil better than any other dry shampoo I've ever tried. I buy mine at Ulta, but I also know they carry Batiste at Walgreens, and randomly at Charlotte Russe.

Will I Repurchase? : I did today! So excited to have this back in my life!

7. Herbal Essences Body Envy Dry Shampoo


This actually isn't 100% empty, but the packaging broke on me. The nozzle won't spray out any product, which is pretty annoying. It is a little over half gone, so I still feel like I know how I feel about it. I feel like this dry shampoo is great for day to day, if you hair gets a little bit of oil at the roots. If you are needing dry shampoo majorly, this won't do the job. I had a day where I really needed dry shampoo, so I packed this on. It totally made my hair look presentable, but created a lot of product build up and my head itched all day long! I would recommend this for everyday use, but I would definitely recommend the Batiste dry shampoo over this one.

Will I Repurchase? : No, I won't be purchasing this.

8. Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner


My skin doesn't react well to alcohol, so when I use a toner, I have to use an alcohol free toner. This one is very gentle, and really works well. I love Mario Badescu for skin care. I am in the market for a new toner, not because I didn't love this, but just because I love trying new toners. I would recommend this if you have sensitive skin and are looking for a toner that works well at restoring the pH balance of your skin, but doesn't leave your skin irritated. 

Will I Repurchase? : Potentially. I am going to try another one for right now, but I know that this is a good one to fall back on if I need one that won't irritate my skin.

9. Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo
10. Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner


I loved this shampoo and conditioner!!! First of all, this brand is my all time favorite for shampoo and conditioner. They have a lot of different scents/lines of hair care. I always purchase this brand of shampoo and conditioner, but I always rotate between scents so I never repurchase the same one back to back. This one has a very yummy coconut smell. It is an organic product, so it is a very natural coconut smell, not like a pina colada. It really makes my hair extra soft, and really clean. 

*A little tip with these. Look for the bottles that have that 50% More FREE sticker on the bottle. It is literally double the size at the same price. I pretty much will only buy those bottles. They offer usually one or two scents at a time in the value sizes, and those are always the ones I will buy.

Will I Repurchase? : I will definitely repurchase the brand, and after I try a few other smells, I'm sure I will come back to this! 






Well there you have it, my latest 10 products that I have used up. What have you used up lately?

As always, thanks for reading


1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS