Saturday, January 17, 2015

Friday Feature #3 : L'Oreal Infallible Shadows

Hi everyone!

I'm here with my third Friday feature of the year. Yes, I know it is now Saturday, but I had some technical difficulties with my camera yesterday, so we are all going to have to pretend that it is Friday currently.

Today, I wanted to share with you a really great drugstore product. I think I sometimes talk about a lot of high end products, and forget that some of my favorite products ever are right at your nearest drugstores. Today, I'm going to be talking about some eyeshadows! In particular, the Infallible Shadows from L'Oreal.



What are they?!

These are intense eyeshadows from L'Oreal that claim to last for a complete 24 hours. I don't know about a full 24 hours, but these things DON'T budge when they are on your eyes. L'Oreal's website says that they provide "intense, maximized color, luxurious powder-cream texture, and long lasting hold". I agree with all three of those things. They provide such an intense pigmented color, and really stay put. These are also waterproof, crease resistant, and fade resistant.


What colors are there?

This is the best part. They offer 24 shades of this eyeshadow, 24!!! I currently only own three, and I love all three that I own. After visiting their website and seeing all of the colors available I want to definitely try a few more. Below, I will show you the shades I own. I took a lot of photos, because these can look so different at so many different angles, so I wanted to be sure that I was really showing you all how gorgeous these shades are, for being so affordable.


Amber Rush






This is a color that I never thought I would like, but I love! It really brings out my brown eyes, but I know it would also make green and blue eyes pop! I apply this all over my lid, and then deepen up my crease. It gives such a gorgeous amber/rose gold shade that is seriously so beautiful in the summer, and in the fall/winter!


Midnight Blue





I actually only purchased this color because it was on major clearance one day at Rite Aid. I love navy blue, but I honestly didn't think I would use this one. I don't put this on my whole lid like I do the other two, but I love taking an eyeliner brush, and applying this on my lower lash line. It looks black from far away, but in detail it is the most gorgeous shade of navy blue, with hints of purple.


Iced Latte








This was the first shade that I picked up in this collection. It is the most gorgeous champagne shimmer, that I love all year round. I am so surprised that it barely looks like I've used this, because this is probably the most used eyeshadow I own. I put this all over my lid, and then place a darker brown shade in my crease, and outer corner, almost everyday.


How do you apply it?

My favorite way to apply this shadow is just with my fingers. It is such a unique texture, that using my fingers gives me the best color payoff, and pigmentation on my lid. I rarely use my fingers while using makeup, but this is an exception. I have tried using this with an eyeshadow brush, but it just wasn't the same. It barely gave me any color. I recommend just using your finger to apply these, it is truly the best method!

Where can I get it?

$6.97 - Walmrt
$6.99 - Target
$7.99 - Ulta
$7.99 - Rite Aid
$6.97 - Walgreens

Prices may vary depending on area, but these should range from $6-$8 in any drugstore!



I hope you enjoyed this weeks Friday Feature post. I love these eyeshadows so much. I know I've talked about at least one of these before in a blog post, but I wanted to show off a few more colors and really let you guys know how much I love them!


As always, thanks for reading

1 comment:

  1. these are so gorgeous! and if they last as long as you say, they're definitely worth the investment :) thanks for including the "how to apply" section too

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS