Friday, January 2, 2015

Friday Feature #1 : Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

Happy New Year! I'm so excited for this year, I think it is going to be a really great one! A new feature I am bringing to my blog in 2015, is a "Friday Feature" post, every Friday. I normally do my monthly favorites where I round up about 5 products that I've been really loving, link them to you, and tell you how much I love them. Looking back on previous favorites posts, they are pretty much just me giving a quick summary, and then moving onto the next product.

I would hate for one of my readers to ever go buy something on my recommendation and then have to say "Well, she never told me about this!?". I want to be sure that if I recommend a product, I am telling you ALL there is to know about the product. So every Friday, I am now going to feature one product that I love. Whether it is a new product, or something that I've had for years, I am going to feature one product every week. I want to be sure to tell you everything there is to know about that one product. Such as where you can buy it, different colors it comes in, prices and price comparisons by store, and my personal thoughts!

If you have any recommendations of a product you would like me to try and then feature in a Friday Feature post, then leave it in a comment down below. In a Friday Feature post, I will also be sure to be open and honest if I didn't like a product. So, here is my first Friday Feature post!


Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

I have been loving these Moisture Stains recently from Revlon. They are a liquid lipstick, which basically is a lip gloss formula, but stays on like a lipstick and provides the same pigmentation as a lipstick would.

What Is It?!

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains are a liquid lipstick. That basically means that they have a lip gloss formula, but provides the same pigmentation and lasting power of a lipstick. This is my favorite type of product because I can't stand the feeling of dry lips. This provides a lipstick look, with the feel of a lipgloss. My lips always feel really moisturized when wearing this product, and it stays on so great!

According to the Revlon website, it "Drenches lips in a glossy wet color, and is an ultra-light creamy lip stain with Vitamin E and Aloe"

How Do You Apply It?

There are two ways you can apply these moisture stains. You can put the applicator directly to your lips and apply it like you would a lipgloss, all over the lips. This gives a really pigmented look, and really gives that "drenched lip" look like the website says. This method can be a little harsh and heavy for me.

I like to dot the applicator on my lips in three places on my top lip, and three places on my bottom lip. I then use my finger to really work it into my lips. This gives a really thin application (that is still really pigmented) without being so wet and sticky. When I apply it this way, it stays on forever, and doesn't budge.

What Colors Are Offered?

Revlon offers 12 colors in these moisture stains. I currently have 2, but really want to go grab a red one. I have a dark berry color "Parisian Passion" and a nice hot pink color "India Intrigue". My favorite is the Parisian Passion, it gives me a really nice dark berry color that is so appropriate for fall and winter, but I can also see myself wearing it in the spring and summer since it is bright.

Here are all of the colors that Revlon offers, I think I am going to pick up Shanghai Sizzle next!!

Formula? 

The formula is very wet. It is almost a "jelly" texture, that might be the best way to describe it. If I apply the applicator directly to my lips and all over, it can be a little heavy and too wet for me. When I apply it lightly, and then spread it out with my finger, it is a great formula. I have added some swatches down below of the two colors I own.

As you can see, the lighter color "India Intrigue" is a little more patchy, and not as pigmented as the darker color "Parisian Passion". This is why I really want to go grab the red color in this line, because I love the formula of the darker ones. It stays on great through eating and drinking, and easily re-applys if you need to touch up at all.

Where To Buy?

Walgreens - $9.99
Walmart - $8.97
Ulta - $9.99
Rite Aid - $9.99
CVS - $9.99
Target - Doesn't show the price for this online, but I'm assuming it is right around the $9.99 mark like most other stores.

Here is a picture of me wearing "Parisian Passion" it is a great dark color, but not too dark.
And here is a picture of me wearing the hot pink color "India Intrigue". It is a great everyday pink color that isn't too over the top. 


Well, there you have it, my first Friday Feature post. I hope you liked this style of a post, really giving you every detail you might need to know about this product. If you can't tell by the post, I highly recommend these lip products. I think it is the perfect product for someone who wants a strong color on the lips that is going to stay on all night, but isn't too comfortable using lipstick yet. I am itching to go buy the red color now! 

As always, thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS