Saturday, October 4, 2014

Top 10 Darker Nail Polishes for Fall and Winter

I have always preferred darker nail polish, so when fall rolls around I get extra excited to be able to wear dark nails and feel appropriate. I made the official switch today from bright nails to dark nails, and I thought it would be the perfect time to round up my top 10 fall/winter nail polish shades. What are your favorite fall/winter shades? Let me know down below!




I swatched each color on my nail, because they look so different on the actual nail. If you click on the title of each polish, it will take you to the website where you can get a better view of the color, price, and where to purchase.

Okay, onto the first five.




1. "Bobbing for Baubles" by Essie
This color is a very pretty blue/gray color. The brand describes it as "the deepest, darkest sapphire blue" This color is picking up a little bit of green, but it is definitely more blue, like the first picture when they are shown in the bottles. This is a very nice formula, completely opaque in just one coat, but even better with two coats. Essie is my favorite formula, so obviously I'm a little bias here. This is a great color for everyday wear, it isn't too dark, but still fall appropriate. This is also very "office appropriate"

2. "Odette" by Zoya
This is a great mauve-purple color for fall. It isn't too bright, but still a way to incorporate a lighter color into the darker months. It is appropriate for all ages, my mom tends to borrow this one sometimes as she doesn't like to have anything too bright on her nails. This is also a very opaque shade, all you need is one coat. Zoya is a great brand, toxic and paraben free, I've loved all the shades I've tried from Zoya!

3. "Rodeo Drive Royalty" by NCLA
You have to have a good red nail polish when you're approaching the winter months with all of the holidays. This color is such a true red, but it can also turn a little darker if you choose to apply more coats. I like this formula, but not as much as Essie, so I'm definitely adding a "true red" to my shopping list from Essie. NCLA polishes are $16 a bottle, and Essie is $8 so I would definitely recommend a red from Essie such as "Really Red" or "Lacquered Up"/

4. "Because You're Worth It" by L'Oreal
First off, the name of this polish was enough to make me add it to my collection, but the polish is equally as amazing. It is a great formula, and such a gorgeous gold shimmer polish. It isn't too shimmery, you could definitely wear this on all 10 nails and not look like you're headed to your first middle school dance. It is a very "classy" shimmer polish, and definitely great for all of those holiday parties that come up in the winter!

5. "Neve" by Zoya
Another Zoya polish, they are so great! This is such a gorgeous blue color that has a touch of shimmer in it. It isn't too dark when it is on the nail so it is perfect for work or everyday wear. Like I said above, I love Zoya's formula, the polish stays for a long time and you truly only need one coat, I always do two for maximum wear, but their formula is truly so great.

Okay, onto the next five.



6. "For The Twill of It" by Essie
This color is probably the most unique color I have in my collection, and unfortunately in this photo, it doesn't do it justice at all. Lucky for you all, I've done an entire blog post about this color and showing photos from all different angles because this polish looks different at every angle, and under different lights. It is such an amazing polish, so you can check it out here!

7. "Power Clutch" by Essie
This is in my top ten polishes ever, which might not sound that great, but I have A LOT of nail polish, so thats a tough group to fall into. This is just a gray polish. Nothing more, nothing less. It has no shimmer, no shine, and no special finish. It is a plain, gray polish, and that is why I love it! It is such a consistent, go-to polish for me. It is the closest to black polish that I can wear without wearing black polish. I absolutely love it, and of course, love the formula. #EssieLover  ps: online, Essie says it is a gray/green, but the bottle I have has always been straight up gray.

8. Essie
So, funny story, I picked out my favorite polishes, took all the pictures, and then started writing. When I picked up this polish to write down the name, the name sticker isn't on the bottle. I don't know the name of this polish, which sucks, but I'm going to talk about it anyways because it is already in the pictures! It is a gorgeous red color, with swirls of silver shimmer (you can really see them in the pictures of the bottles). I love this color as it is a darker burgundy red! Sorry for the name fluke, I even looked it up on Essie's site and can't find one that this might be, they have SO many.

9. "Bluecoat" by Butter London
Holy cow, another one that is in my top 10 all time. This is the most gorgeous blue polish, as you can see in the photo. It is so creamy, shimmery, and opaque. It reflects so beautifully in the light, and wears really well. Butter London is another one of my favorite brands, they are a more expensive nail polish brand, but the polish holds up really nice, especially paired with their top coat which I love!

10. "Under Your Spell" by Wet and Wild
This is such an affordable nail polish, I believe they are $1.99 at any drugstore. They are such a great formula!! I recommend this formula to anybody who wants to try a new nail polish shade without spending a lot. It is a great formula for the price, and even if it was a more expensive polish, I would still feel the same about it! This color is so great for those winter months. Some days it looks a little more red, some days it hits more into the wine/purple color, and it always has a really pretty metallic reflection. I love this vampy nail color for fall!


Well there you have it, those are my ten favorite darker polishes for fall and winter. What are yours? Or do you like to still wear bright polish through the winter months? Let me know down below!

As always, thanks for reading
xoxo, Jaimie

4 comments:

  1. These are some of my favorite colors for fall too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited for fall and winter! Thanks for stopping by Jacquie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i love #9 :o the blue is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Carol! I think I might paint all of my nails that color tonight, that is if I remember to remove these 10 different colors I have on my nails now ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS