Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hot or Not?! NEW Loreal Hair Care Products!

So a few weeks ago I picked up some things from L'Oreal's new hair care line, I have always liked their hair products and they were on a great sale so I picked up four products. I have used all of them for a couple weeks to find out my honest opinion and today I will round up my conclusion on whether these products are hot or not! 



#1 : BOOST IT High Lift Creation Spray
This product claims to be able to give you targeted root application with a fan spray for instant lift and fullness. It claims to have a strong hold that adds body to any style for a voluptuous, textured look that lasts. I have used this product in a few different ways, and some work better than others. I first tried this product as simply as I could, I lifted up the hair around my crown section and sprayed a few sprays, and it really did give me instant body. I released the hair and I had definite body going on, but it didn't last long. It fell pretty short after but was great while it lasted. The next time I tried the product I did a little backcombing, and then set it with this product. That method is the best way that I have used this product, I use it as a specialized hair spray for just backcombing my hair. It reduces the amount that I have to tease my hair, which is great! 

Hot or Not? I'll definitely say this is Hot! 

#2 LOCK IT Weather Control Hairspray
This hairspray claims to deliver a lightweight mist that locks out humidity while locking in a smooth style, for up to 48 hours. Also claims to instantly help tame unruly fly-aways and frizz, have a water-free and humidity resistant formula so you're hair style will stay all day. I only had to use this product one time to determine my opinion, and I don't like it at all. I never thought of myself as a picky person when it came to hair spray, they all pretty much do the same thing, wrong... This hairspray smells disgusting, which is such a turn off when it is the last thing you're spraying on before you leave the house. It smells like dill pickles to me, which is a weird reference, but totally what it smells like. I don't feel like it worked any better than any hair spray I have on hand so I wouldn't be recommending this to you! My favorite hairspray is the Garnier Anti-Humidity Sleek & Shine Hairspray! : )

Hot or Not? ... NOT! 

#3 SLEEK IT Iron Straight Heatspray
First things first, you should be using a heat protectant if you use any type of hot tool on your hair! If you aren't, pick one up next time you're at the drugstore! Okay, so this heatspray claims to offer 450 degree heat protection and is formulated to work with any heat styling tool, protects from heat damage, calms frizz, seals in shine, blocks humidity and helps style last. A heat protectant is a hard product to have a first impression on, because it is working beneath the surface, so really the only thing you can judge it on is the smell, the texture, and the packaging. The smell is similar to the hair spray, not as bad, it isn't pleasant though. The texture of it on my hair is similar to other heat protectants, doesn't make my hair wet but disperses enough product to coat my hair after brushing it through. The packaging is okay, I'm not a fan of those spray nozzles as sometimes it can shoot out too much product in one solid area of the hair.

Hot or Not?! I'm going to say NOT on this one. It isn't anything special, and the smell puts me off a little. I would try the Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray by Tresemme if you're looking for a simple, affordable one. It has a similar nozzle but its fool proof and I've used it for years. My absolute favorite though is the Paul Mitchel Hot Off the Press heat spray, it acts as a hair spray which is amazing, and it comes in a normal hair spray can which is much easier to spray!

#4 SLEEK IT Strand-Smoother Serum Spray
This spray claims to provide a hi-shine ultra-sleek look, while perfectly smoothing hair, taming frizz, and fighting fly-aways. I really like this, it also contains that horrible smell that I talked about earlier, which is so off-putting to me!! Besides the fact that it smells, it works pretty great. I have used it as my last step while my hair was straightened, as well as curled. It worked great for both styles, smoothed down frizz and just made my hair a lot smoother.

Hot or Not?! Hot for this one!! If it had a better smell I would make this a holy grail product but I'm still on the hunt for a good smoothing spray with a yummy smell! 





Thanks so much for reading today! What new products have you picked up lately?!

Jaimie








No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS