Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Brazi Bites | Simple Gluten-Free Snack!

I had the fun opportunity to work with a brand called Brazi Bites. Now I've always been honest about working with companies on my blog, and that I don't accept offers/collaborations unless it is a product I'd truly use. I haven't worked with any food companies before, but when they reached out to me, I knew right away that this is something that I would actually buy in a store, and use. 

Brazi Bites is a Brazilian bread bite company, they are naturally gluten free, non-GMO, 100% natural, have no preservatives, no trans fat, no sugar, and no artificial ingredients! I had a hard time thinking of a yummy bread bite that was "healthier", so I figured I had to give this a try. I have a family member who can't eat gluten, so I also wanted to try this out as a future option for family parties. 


Flavors:
They currently have four flavors. Original, garlic asiago, bacon, and jalapeƱo pepper jack. As you can tell by the photos, I got to try all four flavors. My favorite from the four was the garlic asiago flavor!
My sister also tried these out and the garlic asiago was her favorite as well! Here are my overall thoughts on the four.

  • Original: These were pretty plain, I can see these being really good for appetizer bites. Small pulled pork bites, or stuffed with cheese, multiple different ways to incorporate these! You could also just bake them plain, they were good!
  • Garlic Asiago: Delicious! These had the perfect amount of flavor, they were so good! 
  • Bacon: These were my least favorite, and I REALLY love bacon. The flavor of bacon was really overwhelming, the entire bread bite tastes like bacon, instead of having pieces of bacon in it subtly. 
  • Jalapeno Pepper Jack: these were really good also! I don't love spicy foods, but this wasn't extremely spicy by any means. I think this would be a fun addition to any mexican dish you make. I liked these! 





Ingredients and Baking:
I took a photo of the back of the bag so you can get a good look at the nutrition facts, but I'd check out their website if you want any further information! Baking these were extremely easy. You don't have to thaw them at all, you just take them right out of the freezer and pop them onto a cookie sheet. I actually baked four of each flavor together on one sheet, which also worked out great. You heat the oven to 400, and bake for 20 minutes. For my oven, this was the perfect time, they came out perfectly. 




Texture:
I know that a lot of people worry about texture when talking about gluten free foods, and I honestly couldn't tell these were gluten free. I even had my sister try one, and then told her after the fact that they were gluten free, and she couldn't tell. The only thing I could notice is that it just wasn't quite as much of a savory texture, I'm not sure the best way to explain that. They were still very fluffy, and felt exactly like bread, they just didn't feel as heavy.







Where to buy:
I honestly, would highly recommend these. They taste really good, which is obviously the top priority, but there are many other benefits. These are so easy to bake, they keep in the freezer in a nice resealable pouch, and you put them directly on the cookie sheet frozen, so they truly take exactly 20 minutes to make. These are also great for entertaining at parties where guests may prefer gluten free treats. Brazi Bites are going to be made available in Costco Stores in the PNW this week!! I know I will for sure be picking more up as these are so handy to keep in your freezer. 

Also, Brazi Bites is going to be on Shark Tank on Friday, November 20th!! I think this is so cool, as I love Shark Tank! They were such a nice company to work with. 

Please let me know if you have any questions! 
As always, thanks for reading.
xoxo, Jaimie

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS