Sunday, October 11, 2015

Top 5 under $5 | Hair Styling Products

I'm going to be starting a new series on my blog titled "5 under $5" and it is exactly what it sounds like. I'm going to be covering different categories and sharing the best five products under five dollars in that category. Five dollars is a STEAL for any type of beauty product, so hopefully you can find some new goodies though these posts!

I thought I'd start with hair products, and work my way into beauty products in the next post. I decided not to include shampoo and conditioner in this post, as there are a lot of great ones out there under $5, so I just left them out all together.

1. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Leave-In Conditioner

This product is one of the best leave-in conditioners from the drugstore. I use this about twice a month, when I feel like my hair is really "needing it". I shampoo my hair like normal, and then lather it in this stuff. I have a hair clip in my shower, and after applying this all over my hair, I will clip my hair up for 3-5 minutes to really let it soak in while I finish showering. It leaves my hair so soft and smooth, but I don't use it every time that I shampoo my hair. I like using the "moisture" one as my hair does tend to get a little dry throughout the month. They have a few other variations of this conditioner though, they are highly worth looking into!

2. TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray

If you are someone that heat styles your hair, then you should definitely be using a heat protectant spray. It is a frustrating project, because you can't see or feel it working, but I promise that it is! This is an amazing one from the drugstore, that is under $5 and truly does the job. If you aren't currently using a heat protectant spray, pick this one up next time you're grocery shopping, and your hair will thank you for it!

3. Garnier De-Constructed Texture Tease Spray

This is my current FAVORITE hair product. I recently chopped my hair into a "long-bob" and this product has been exactly the perfect product for me. It claims to be a hairspray, but I wouldn't count on it for that, I truly just use it as a texturizing spray. I like my hair styles to look messy and texturized, and this product truly gives me that. I curl my hair like normal, style and use hair spray like normal, and then go in with this product. I spray this product where I want more volume/texture and then mess it up, and it gives me the EXACT messy look that I go for. This is a great deal from the drugstore, I highly recommend it if you like textured, messy looks.

4. Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Hair Spray

Can you tell that I like Garnier hair products? This hair spray is a really great one from the drugstore that I've used since high school! It is under $5, holds my style, but still allows my hair to be worked with and flexible. I recently was gifted some "high-end" hair sprays which I'm loving, but once I'm through those I will be back to my tried and true Garner hair spray! Such a steal.

5. Garnier De-Constructed Beach Chic - Beach Waves Spray

Once again, another Garnier product, sorry! They are such a good brand from the drugstore. This product is good for those of you that want texture, but maybe don't want a TON of texture (like the Texture Tease Spray up above will give you). I like using this when I do larger waves, as this messes them up enough to look textured, but if I get too much texture on long waves, they just look really tanged and gross. I like using this in conjunction with the texture tease spray. This gives a softer beach wave look to the hair, and I really recommend it! I will say that I like the texture tease spray more, but I like A LOT of texture to my hair!

Do you have any hair styling products under $5 that you love? Leave a comment below, I'd love to try them out! There is something so satisfying about finding a great product for SO cheap!




As always, thanks for reading.
xo, Jaimie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS