Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Products I've Used Up | #2

Hey everyone! Today I'm going to be showing you my trash, well, specifically the beauty products in my trash. I love doing these types of posts because it truly allows me to give a full review of a product, since I used every last drop and can form a full opinion. A lot of times, bloggers (myself included) can get excited about the idea of a product that we seem like it is the best thing in the world, and then as we use it longer and longer, we discover that it isn't that great. Today I'm sharing my completely empty products and letting you know if I'd repurchase them. Let's dig in. 


1. Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen Mascara
I wasn't the biggest fan of this mascara. It definitely did it's job, but I had to pair it with another mascara to achieve the look that I wanted. When I use this mascara on it's own, it is pretty underwhelming. I started using it after another mascara, and the wand is really great at separating lashes and lengthening them, but it's not amazing. I will not be repurchasing this. 

2. Ponds Original Clean Wet Cleansing Towlettes
Can you tell what my favorite makeup remover wipes are? Obviously these ones. Makeup removing wipes are so convenient, but often irritate my skin and break me out. These don't, they are so gentle, and I can use them right over my eyes. I buy these in value packs, and always have them on hand. I will for sure continue to repurchase these for a long, long time.

3. Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation in Shade 115
This might just be my favorite foundation I've ever tried. It looks so natural on the skin, provides great coverage without being 100% full coverage and cakey, and also stays on ALL day. I am constantly shocked when I get home on how well this lasts on my skin. I've heard some people say it doesn't last all day, but I've had great luck with it. It is also one of the cheaper foundations in the drugstore from one of the main brands, I am so impressed with it and I've already repurchased it!

4. Simple Cleansing Micellar Water
IN LOVE with this. I use this cleansing water right when I wake up. I use it on a cotton pad, and run it over my face. It isn't strong enough to remove makeup and truly cleanse the face at night, but in the morning, it is perfect. I am pretty lazy with my skincare in the mornings, and this helps me achieve that. It helps me lightly cleanse my skin with being as simple as possible. It smells, feels, and looks like plain water, but performs like a cleanser, which is amazing. It is the great benefits of cleansing without the water, mess, and time it takes in the morning. I highly recommend this, and I've already repurchased this.

5. Batiste Dry Shampoo : Dark and Deep Brown
I've talked about this so many times on my blog, that it doesn't take much explaining. I've tried a lot of dry shampoos, and this is the BEST one on the market at a reasonable price point. I love dry shampoo, and this is the best one I've ever tried. I highly recommend this if you're looking for a good dry shampoo (they have an original one, without the brown tint if you prefer). I've already repurchased this. I try to survive without this and use others ones that I have on hand, but truly nothing compares.

6. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Smooth
This was a love/hate product for me. It made my hair smooth and soft, but I feel that my normal conditioners also do that. This is fairly cheap from the drugstore, so I would recommend trying it if you're looking for a product to leave your hair really soft and smooth. I don't have very damaged hair so I don't feel this was necessary for me. I haven't repurchased this, but might in the future if I feel my hair needs some repairing. I would recommend it though for sure, it was very nice!

7. NYX HD Concealer in Fair
This is my favorite under-eye concealer. I like to brighten up my under-eye area, as I have kind of dark under-eyes. This one is under $5 from the drugstore, and works perfectly. It is light enough that it doesn't look heavy or noticeable that I put product under my eyes, but it brightens enough to give the look I like. I used to buy the concealer from NARS (almost $30!) and this one is really comparable, and a fraction of the price. I highly recommend, and I've already repurchased!


8. Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Dry Shampoo
I wasn't a fan of this dry shampoo for oil control. If I had oily/greasy hair, I would have to use A LOT of this to control that oil, when in comparison I could use a few sprays of the Batiste spray I just showed and achieve the same control. I will say that this is the best smelling dry shampoo I've used, and does a great job of adding volume, but if you're looking for oil control, I wouldn't recommend this one. I won't be repurchasing.

9. Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo
I love this shampoo. I only buy this when I know that I have some product build-up in my hair and really need a deep clean. This shampoo was actually bought while I was using the dry shampoo that I just showed. I was having to use so much dry shampoo to control oil if needed, that I was getting a lot of build up, and was needing a lot stronger shampoo to make sure I was completely clean when I shampoo my hair. I recommend this, but not for daily use. I haven't repurchased, but I will probably repurchase this again sometime in the future.

10. L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner
These were alright! I wasn't the biggest fan, but they completely did the job. They smelled great, cleaned my hair, and were affordable. For me, that is all I'm looking for in a shampoo. I haven't repurchased these, as I LOVE to switch up my shampoos and rarely repurchase the same ones. It is a great one though, and the Total Repair 5 line from L'Oreal is really great and I highly recommend it.

11. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray 
This was just a deluxe sample size, but I loved it. I used to have the spray a few years ago, and just never repurchased it. After getting another sample of this, I remember why I loved it so much, and I have no idea why I never repurchased it. Unfortunately, it isn't cheap, but it is worth it. A lot of drugstore brands are starting to come out with setting sprays, so I might try a few of those before splurging on this guy again. If you are in the market and price point for a high end setting spray though, I highly recommend this, it really keeps the makeup on all night!

12. Benefit Cream Shadow in RSVP
Well there is nothing to see here, because I literally scraped every last bit of this product out of the jar as you can see on the right. This was a really nice champagne colored cream shadow. During the week, I wear glasses at work so I don't focus too much on my eyeshadow application. This allows me to get a sweep of color across my lids, but takes like 10 seconds to apply and is extremely easy. I haven't repurchased this because I have a few similar products that I need to get through first, but I would definitely repurchase this in the future!

13. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner
I've used this for years. I apply it to my damp hair after I shower, and then brush through it and allow it to air dry. This is one of those products that you don't think works great, until you go without it. Whenever I travel, I don't like to pack this bottle, and then I instantly realize how much this does for my hair. It makes it extremely easy to brush through, speeds up the air-dry time, and really keeps my hair smooth and frizz free. I highly recommend this, and I've already repurchased it. I actually found it at TJ Maxx this time for half price, score!


Well there is my trash. What have you gone through recently? Anything worth trying? Let me know down below! I will be sure to collect my beauty trash again and share when my bag fills up!


As always, thanks for reading.
xo, Jaimie.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this roundup - it's always fun seeing what other gals love to use for their beauty products.
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS