Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Ipsy Bag Review | May 2015

Hi everyone!

I normally try to space out my posts so there is a nice mix of beauty, product reviews, subscription service posts, and lifestyle posts. My subscription services came at the same exact time this month, so I am doing back to back reviews!

If you didn't catch my review on the May Boxycharm box that I received, you can read about it here! I received my May Ipsy bag on the same day, and I'm here today with my review on it! If you are unfamiliar with Ipsy, it is $10 a month to receive a makeup bag filled with 4-5 products, that are usually deluxe sample size, or full size. You can check out Ipsy here.

The bag that came this month was so cute! Some months, I truly just hate the bag and end up throwing it away or giving it to a family member or friend. This is so cute, and I definitely will be using it!


1. Urban Decay Glide-On Pencil in Ozone
I have so many of these Urban Decay pencils, both from buying them and receiving them in subscription boxes. I love them, they are great quality and last a long time. I have both lip pencils, and eye pencils from this line, and I approve of both. This one was a new one I've never heard of, as it is a clear/white color that is supposed to act as a lip primer. I haven't used this yet, but will definitely try it out next time I wear a bright lip color! This sample also came with two sample shades of their new High-Color Lipgloss.


2.  Luxie Tapered Blending Brush
One of my favorite things to receive in subscription services are makeup brushes. I can never have enough of them, but I hate buying them. On top of that, I received my favorite type of brush, a blending brush! I love blending brushes as they really finish off every eye look, and I like having multiple on hand as I work with different colors in the crease. I approve of this product, and it was probably my favorite thing in the bag!


3. Bare Republic Natural Mineral Sunscreen
This was a pretty small sample for Ipsy, which is pretty disappointing. Although, sunscreen is a great thing to keep on hand, and this small one might be great for traveling, or throwing in the purse for the day if you don't want to pack a huge bottle. The product has good reviews online, and I definitely will give it a try. Although, Ipsy lost some brownie points in my book for this one, since it is such a small sample (cough cough, more like birchbox size, cough cough).

4. Nuxe Face Cleansing and Make Up Removing Gel
This is a pretty good sample size, and great for traveling. It looks like a nice cleansing gel for the face, that I will definitely get use out of. Not much more to say here, I will try it out! The smell isn't amazing, but the texture of it feels really nice! Definitely will toss in my travel bag.


5. Bella Pierre Eyeliner in Black 
I have been using this eyeliner for the last few days, and I've really been liking it! It is so dark and creamy, and applies really easy. It lasts fairly well throughout the day, and doesn't smudge easily. I am actually really impressed with this!



There is this months bag! I am impressed with the lip pencil, eyeshadow brush, and eyeliner. The two smaller samples of the sunscreen and the face cleanser, I'm not crazy about, but I will definitely try them. The bag was cute, and the range of products was fabulous. As per usual, Ipsy was pretty great this month!


As always, thanks for reading
xoxo, Jaimie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS