Thursday, May 7, 2015

Ipsy | April 2015

This post was written a few weeks ago, but some major technical difficulties on my website kept it from posting. Here you all go, lets time warp back to a few weeks ago...



Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing my April Ipsy bag review. I have temporarily cancelled Birchbox, and I'm trying out Boxycharm, which you can read all about my first box here. Ipsy still remains my top recommended box/bag because of how affordable it is, and still provides decent products. The box this month was a little underwhelming, but I've found myself using two products a lot so that is a plus! Lets get right into the bag.

The actual bag this month was a fun multi color bag. I usually pass these along to someone, or find some random use for them. This wasn't my favorite bag, but what is inside is more important!!


1. Hikari Blush in Tango
This blush looks really bright and vibrant in the packaging, but actually goes on really light and subtle if you apply with a light hand. I really like this, it is a little too bright for me right now because I am still pretty fair in skin color. I can imagine this being gorgeous during the summer when I have a tan!

2. The Balm Single Shadow from the Nude Dude Palette in "Flirty"
This is a pretty bronze-brown shadow. I don't use single eyeshadows a lot, as I own a lot of palettes and reach for those more, but this is a pretty color! I have tried shadows from The Balm before and they are great quality!

3. MICA Beauty Cosmetics Eye Primer
I have been loving this. It is a neutralizer for your eyelids. I don't wear much makeup to work since I wear glasses during my work day, and this has been perfect. I put this all over my lid and it really evens out my skin tone, and makes them appear more awake and smooth. I then just apply mascara and I'm out the door. It is a really low maintenance product. I have also used this as an actual primer under shadows and it works great!

4. Muellin & Sparrow Mini Lip and Cheek Tint
This was a little bit of a bust for me. It is a really deep plum color, and it just doesn't look great on my skin tone. It is very sheer, which almost makes it worse. I like dark deep colors, but this balm goes on as a very light wash of a very dark color so it almost makes my lips looks dirty or like I ate something and didn't wipe my lips. If this came off as the actual dark color, I'd probably love it. I haven't tried it on the cheeks yet.

5. LATHER Ultra Light Face Lotion
I really like this! It is exactly what it is titled, an ultra light face lotion. I've been using this in the mornings and it's great. It is a fairly well sample size, and its a very simple product. I've tried one other thing from this brand, and it is an overnight hand cream that I apply nightly and love also. I am definitely wanting to try more from this brand, they seem like a really simple and gentle skin care line!



So there is my April 2015 Ipsy Bag. Like I said earlier, I wasn't entirely thrilled with this bag. I liked the face lotion, and the eye primer, and I'm sure I'll get use out of the blush for sure. I'm hoping next month is better, but as always Ipsy is still my favorite. As you can see, they focus mainly on makeup and skincare, which I love.


Want to sign up for Ipsy yourself? You can check it out here!


As always, thanks for reading.
xo, Jaimie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS