Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Top 5 Fashion Staples

My blog has always focused on beauty and hair products mainly, but I've had some requests to start including some fashion posts as well. I am in no ways a fashion blogger, there are some EXTREMELY talented fashion bloggers out there, but today I thought I would just share some of my staples.

First, I want to share a little bit about my sense of fashion. I don't really have one ;) I aim for comfortable, and effortless. Although my fashion isn't effortless at all, I like it to look that way. I aim for simple pieces, with appropriate accessories. I like a lot of browns, blacks, dark greens, and grays. I don't mind playing with patterns, but stay solid for the most part. I like a little bit of edgy fashion, but also like dressing very classy and timeless. It really just varies!!

1. A good pair of leggings

Shoot me now, I consider leggings pants. I think the reasoning behind why I do that, is because I've found the perfect pair that really are pants. I have gone through endless pairs of leggings, they either rip within a month, are see through when I bend over, you can see my underwear line, or they aren't thick enough to wear without a shirt or dress over it. I always wanted my leggings to be cheap, so they ended up performing like cheap leggings. Once I found Zella leggings, my life was forever changed. I would buy 10 pairs of these over and over again because they are the best.

These leggings are thick enough to keep you warm, but thin enough to work out in if you please. They DON'T show an underwear line or your underwear color if you are bending over, they aren't see through at all. They are very good at compressing your body, so it really squeezes everything in, without feeling tight and restricted. They have such an appropriate amount of stretch, but they don't stretch out throughout the day. They stay very compressed and comfortable all day, but aren't restricting to wear (does that make sense?). I am so overly impressed with these leggings, I will never look for another pair again. I highly recommend them.

Click HERE to browse, bookmark, or buy Zella Live-In Leggings!d


2. Basic layering tops
I like my shirts to me loose, and comfortable. I usually accessorize around my shirt, so I don't get too wild with the actual top. I found these V Neck shirts from Target, and I am in love. I have it in four colors, black, forrest green, white, and beige (the beige one is too small though, bummer). They sometimes have more colors online, and next time I catch new colors I'm going to place an order! They are long enough to wear with leggings if you like your bum covered, they are loose fitting, but don't look like a dress. I am obsessed with these shirts, I want every single color! They are only $12, which isn't bad at all!

Click HERE to browse, bookmark, or buy Target Drapey V Neck Tees! 


3. Vests

Vests aren't for everyone, but I am overly obsessed. I lust over every single J. Crew vest, I currently want their camouflage one!! I have found that Old Navy vests are really comparable, I have every single color they made this year, and I'm not ashamed of it. I have army green (my favorite clothing color), cream, navy blue stripe, and black. They are nice a quilted, not puffy so they don't get warm, they are perfect for spring! I usually pair my vests with a nice thermal, I have some from Target and some from Old Navy.

Click HERE to browse, bookmark, or buy J Crew Vests
Click HERE to browse, bookmark, or buy Old Navy Vests 


4. Blazers
I work in an office, so M-F I am dressed business casual. I used to think blazers were so ugly, but one I found a brand that makes adorable ones that fit so casual, I became obsessed. I find myself wearing blazers in my everyday wardrobe as well with a pair of skinny jeans. I love the blazers from Charlotte Russe. They run around $30, sometimes a little more. I have black, black and white stripe, royal blue, and currently lusting over the red blazer! I think it is a quick way to turn a casual outfit into something a little nicer. The ones from Charlotte Russe just fit so well, and look so cute and casual.

Click HERE to browse, bookmark, or buy Charlotte Russe Blazers! 


5. Statement Necklaces
I guess this might not fall into fashion completely, but I love to top most of my looks off with some statement jewelry. Like I said, I like to go for pretty simple clothing, so getting a little bright with my jewelry is always fun. I don't like spending too much money on jewelry though, so I love to go to Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, and Francescas, or Charming Charlie for my jewelry! I mainly just go for necklaces, I'm not a huge fan of bracelets or rings.

Click HERE to browse, bookmark, or buy Charlotte Russe Necklaces!
Click HERE to browse, bookmark, or buy Forever 21 Necklaces!
Click HERE to browse, bookmark, or buy Francesca's Necklaces! 
Click HERE to browse, bookmark, or buy Charming Charlie Necklaces! 




Well those are my top 5 fashion staples. What are yours?
Do you want to see more fashion posts? Let me know!

As always, thanks for reading!

1 comment:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS