Friday, October 10, 2014

Crack Dip : Glitter with Grace Cooks #1

You know how everyone has that recipe? The one that everyone always asks "What is in this?!, Will you make this for our potluck next week?!, Can I have this recipe?!"  Well, this is that recipe for me.

This is a chip dip, that is so addicting, it is named "Crack Dip". I have made this so many times, and the bowl is cleared every time. There is 4 ingredients, and there is 4 steps. It is a great dip that you can bring to any event that is affordable and quick to make! If you would like to see the recipe with no pictures, scroll to the very bottom.

Ingredients:

16oz Sour Cream
1 Packet (3 Tbsp) Dry Ranch Seasoning
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
3oz Bacon


Step One:

Empty your sour cream into your mixing bowl. It is totally possible to mix this in the same bowl that you will serve it in, but I mix in a separate bowl so that my serving bowl is nice and clean.

Step Two:

Mix in your ranch seasoning. If you buy it by the packet, then empty one packet into your sour cream. We buy it in the jar, so it is equal to 3 tablespoons. Fold this into your sour cream until it is all mixed together.

Step Three:

Mix in your cheese. The recipe calls for one cup, I usually put a little more than that. In my recipe, I want every bite to have bacon and cheese in it, so I think 1 1/2 cups of cheese is a better call. For good measure, add one cup at a time and you can visually decide how much more to add. 

Step Four:

BACON. Yep, throw it all in. You can put in your choice of bacon bits, or real bacon. The main compliment I get on this dip is how good the bacon is in it. I buy "Real Bacon Pieces" from the store and they are delicious. I think traditional bacon bits would be a little too hard and "fake" in this recipe, so if you can find these bacon pieces, then definitely use those!!


Mix that all together, and you are done!! I then move it into the bowl that I will be serving it in, and flatten it all out and then toss it in the refrigerator. It needs to be refrigerated for 4-6 hours, but the longer that it is refrigerated the better it is! I try to let mine sit at least 12 hours, or overnight at least.

There you have it, the easiest dip recipe, that you will be constantly begged to bring to every event! It is so addicting, and simple. I haven't had anybody who has tried this and not liked it, it is simple, and delicious. I serve mine with Fritos Scoops which it is the best with, but I've served it before with Ritz crackers, or tortilla chips.

If you recreate this receipe, PLEASE take a picture and let me know how it worked out! Hashtag #glitterwithgracecooks on instagram, twitter, or facebook so I can see!

FULL RECIPE:

Ingredients :
16oz Sour Cream
1 Packet (3 tablespoons) Dry Ranch Seasoning
1-2 Cups Cheese (your preference)
3oz Bacon

1. Put sour cream in large mixing bowl
2. Add in your ranch seasoning, and fold it into the sour cream until it is all mixed together.
3. Add in your cheese, one cup at a time so you can see how much you prefer in your dip.
4. Add in your bacon and mix.
5. Transfer it into your serving bowl, and refrigerate for 4-6 hours at least. (12 hours recommended)

As always, thanks for reading
xoxo, Jaimie

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS