Sunday, February 28, 2016

Oscars 2016 | Best Dressed

One of my favorite things to do around awards season is to lay in bed in my sweatpants and face mask, and judge famous people's fashion choices. The Oscars were today and I had a blast watching the red carpet arrivals and seeing all of the amazing fashion choices.

Usually in these posts, I choose a few best dressed and a few worst dressed individuals, but I really didn't have any terrible opinions this time! I only have great things to share today. I've narrowed it down to my top 8 favorite looks from the night and what stood out to me. Leave a comment below and let me know if you agreed, or if anybody else caught your eye on the carpet. 

Previous award show posts: 
*If I don't have enough things to say, I sometimes will just feature my favorite on my Instagram. 


Charlize Theron
I loved the intense red shade of this dress. It is tailored to her body perfectly and the train is the perfect length. I also really love the straps on this dress, I like how they are thin spaghetti strap, but have the visual of a thick strap. I'm not the biggest fan of the necklace choice, but overall I thought she looked so great in this dress. 


Chrissy Teigen
I swear she is ALWAYS on my best dressed list, regardless of which award show she is attending. Her style is so flawless to me. This dress is so elegant but equally sexy with the plunge in the front. She is clearly pregnant, and so I love how this dress walks the line between elegant and risky. I loved her look tonight, especially with the bump!

Jennifer Garner
I feel like this is such a classic look. I love the texture of this dress, how one side appears to be matte and one side appears to be shiny. It is a way to add a pop of texture to a dress without needing a crazy pattern or color. I also love the neckline of this dress, it seriously appears like they combined two separate dresses but they work together perfectly. I thought Jennifer looked very elegant. 

Jennifer Lawrence
I'm obsessed with this look! This dress is also walking that perfect line of elegant and sexy, and she pulls it off perfectly. I think what really tops it off for me is her really causal hair style. This might be my favorite look that Jennifer Lawrence has ever worn on a red carpet! 

Margot Robbie
Anyone who knows me personally knows that I'm overly obsessed with the color gold. If I found a gold toilet plunger at the store for sale I would probably buy it just because is is gold. I think Margot Robbie pulls this bold color off PERFECTLY. I absolutely love the cut of this dress with the long sleeves and the plunging neckline. I will say that I'm not the biggest fan of her clutch, but I can look past that. This is my favorite look from the night! 

Olivia Munn
Orange is a hard color to pull off and she does it so well. Her skin tone looks so beautiful in orange and her simple makeup with the orange lip really pulls it together. I really love the neckline of this dress and how there is a very small chain. Her hot boyfriend really tops this look off... ;) 

Rachel McAdams
Easily my 2nd favorite of the night next to Margot Robbie. The color of this dress is so unique and works with her skin tone and blonde hair so well. I love the slit in the dress and how it is showing the perfect amount of leg and featuring her simple silver shoes. I saw some photos of her makeup as well and she used a turquoise eyeliner on the bottom lash line which really pulled this look together. 

Saoirse Ronan
Blondes in turquoise really stole the show! Again, I love this color with blonde hair and I think she wore this perfectly. I love the sparkle and the texture and especially love the straps on this dress. Her earnings and casual hair really pulled this look together. 


Who were your favorite looks? Leave a comment below.
As always, thanks for reading.
xo, Jaimie



1 comment:

  1. In my eyes, Jen Garner can do no wrong. I agree that all of these ladies looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS