Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Local Love | Arch. A Premier Brow Studio - Tumwater, WA

Introducing an extremely fun new series on my blog, local love. Local love is where I feature local (Washington) businesses to help them gain exposure to people in the area. My mother has always been a small business owner, as well as myself and my sisters throughout the years. I would always rather do my business through small family owned businesses than huge chain companies, so I thought it would be fun to feature local businesses that I love. 
My first local love feature is Arch. A premier brow studio. 

I have been wanting to start this series for a while but never knew where to start, until my brow lady opened up her OWN studio! I have been seeing Falisha for my brows for around a year now at a company she used to work for, she decided to open her open business in January of 2016, and I happily remained a customer of hers. Arch is located in Tumwater, Washington and is a premiere brow studio. Falisha is so talented at waxing brows, and I trust her completely with my brows. I am going to show you all her new space (adorable) and be featuring some information about Falisha and her business that I believe you should know!

I asked Falisha some questions that would help you all better understand her and her business, and some common questions that I know a lot of people have about getting their brows done! 

Q:  How did you get started in this industry? 
A: I started out in this industry wanting to be a makeup artist. At the time there weren't schools, degrees or certificates you could receive in makeup. I thought the esthetician program was the next best thing. 

Q: What services do you offer at Arch? 
A: All things brows! Currently waxing with other brow services coming soon!

Q: How did you come up with your business name?
A: When thinking of a name, my first priority was simplicity. I wanted it to reflect who I am as a person and how I view brow waxes. I wanted something that was easy to remember and easy to spell. "Arch" was perfect because it's the number one word that I hear from clients. It's also short for "Architect" because I feel like I create balance and structure for everyone's face frame.

Q: How do you want your clients to feel when they leave your studio? 
A: Not many people know this, but I want people to leave knowing they felt welcomed. There's no pressure here. You can come any way you'd like and you will still be treated the same.
*I will be talking more later on about my experience as a client, and the way that I feel when I leave Arch. :)

Q: What is your favorite part about what you do?
A: Eyebrows are my outlet, my art. It's just so peaceful to me. My favorite part is definitely shaping brows. 

Q: If someone has very little eyebrow hair, is there anything you can do to help?
A: Yes, so many ways! It's not how much hair you have, but more so what you do with it. We have a new serum (which I love) that helps them grow quicker, we can tint them and I can how you how to fill them in. Also, ironically enough, waxing them helps them look fuller as well. 

Q: Do you help maintain eyebrows of male clients?
A: Yes! I've always waxed male brows but since opening Arch we have had so many that I added a "guy-brow" service to the menu!

Q: What is one thing you wish all of your clients knew before their first appointment at Arch? 
A: Where we are located! Map Quest will take you across the street (I will have all location information listed at the end of this post) Also, how many times a day I hear "bye Felicia!" haha!

Q: Should I be doing anything to my eyebrows in between appointments? 
A: Let's be real, there are very few people who don't touch their brows for weeks. I give credit to my clients who do. I just let clients know that if they do tweeze in between visits that they may remove hair that is needed. The technique that I use requires hair to be in a smooth line, one wrong hair removed and it can throw it off.

Q: How often should I be coming in for an appointment? 
A: The most popular time frame is four weeks. I have some that come every two weeks and others that I see twice a year. 


Here is a before/after shot of my most recent appointment with Falisha! 
 

Her space is so adorable. It feels like you are in a very high-end salon, it is very chic and refreshing. It also feels very comforting, I don't feel like I don't belong but I also feel like I am in a luxury space. It is so well decorated! 










So how do I like being a client of Arch? I love it. Like I said, I've been seeing Falisha for around a year, but my visit into her new business was more than pleasant. She makes me feel so comfortable during my appointment that I barely even remember that I'm getting my brows done. I never have to worry if she is going to get it right, which makes it so I can relax and enjoy the conversation. She is so fun to talk to and she always remembers details about my life so our conversation can pick right back up where it left off at my previous appointment. Falisha truly takes pride in her work and ensures that when I leave her studio that I am in love with my brows. I am always so impressed with how good my brows look when I leave. I would highly recommend Arch Brow Studio if you are looking for a place to maintain your brows, after all, they are so essential to frame your face! 

The Details: 

Business: Arch. A Premier Brow Studio
Location: 204 Pinehurst Drive SW Suite 102 Tumwater, WA 98501
Hours: *I recommend "liking" her Facebook page as she often lists late night appointments or openings that she has. I am really bad about making appointments so I often snag appointments that she lists on Facebook the same day!
Tue:
10:30 am - 6:30 pm
Wed:
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Thu:
10:30 am - 6:30 pm
Fri:
10:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sat:
9:00 am - 2:00 pm




If you try out Arch, tell her that Jaimie (or Glitter with Grace) sent you! Great brows are something that every girl (and guy!) deserve to have and Falisha can totally help you get there. I HIGHLY recommend this business and I hope some of you try her out! 


As always, thanks for reading.
xo, Jaimie

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS