Sunday, August 2, 2015

Current Beauty Favorites | August 2015

Rounding up some of my most recent favorite beauty products today! I haven't been trying a ton of new stuff lately, but the products I've tried haven't let me down! Let's get to it!



1. Almay Smart Shade Butter Kiss Lipstick



My friend Karli gave me one of these in my birthday present (best. friend. ever.) in a super bright pink color. I don't usually wear pink lips, so that is why she got it for me to step outside my comfort zone. It was SO pretty. These lipsticks are supposed to be "smart shade" and look flattering on all skin tones because they react based on your pH balances. This pink actually looks really good on me, and I'm digging it. I went back to the store and picked it up in a more natural every day color, and I've been wearing it ever since! They are really comfortable to wear, they feel like a lip balm but give a great layer of color!! Highly recommend.

2. Garnier Texture Tease Spray

I was at Target earlier this month and this product instantly stood out to me. I love my hair to have a lot of texture, and be very messy. This product gives my hair that exact look. Once I'm done curling my hair, I will spray this on some random sections and tease my hair in that section. This product gives my hair a lot of texture and "messiness" that I'm in love with! I've been using this daily, and it's really affordable. Score!

3. HASK Coconut Monoi Oil Shampoo and Conditioner


I've always taken very great care of my hair, but I've wanted to step it up a little more and try to use more natural shampoo and conditioner. One of the main ingredients I've been wanting to cut from my shower routine is sulfur. I heard really great reviews of this shampoo and conditioner, and so I decided to try it out. The brand HASK has a few different smells/lines of shampoo and conditioner, but I saw the word coconut so I instantly bought these ones. They smell AMAZING for being a natural product. It was a little weird to get used to using a sulfur free shampoo and conditioner, but I think it has done great things for my hair. Sulfur is the ingredient that makes shampoo "foamy" so using this type of shampoo doesn't produce any foam/bubbles on my head. It was hard to get used to, but I already know I'm going to repurchase this!!!

4. L'Oreal Pro Matte Foundation


LADIES. This is the BEST matte foundation I've ever tried from the drugstore. It has amazing coverage, stays matte all day long, and seriously looks very natural for being a matte foundation! I would highly recommend this foundation if you are looking to try a new one! I have loved this during the summer, but I know I'll love it through the fall and winter also. This actually beats out a lot of my high-end foundations also, I highly recommend this!!

5. Becca x Jaclyn Hill Highligher in Champagne Pop



It wasn't until this year that I started to love wearing highlighter on the top of my cheekbones. I have become obsessed with this step in my makeup, as it makes my entire look just glow! When Jaclyn Hill (one of my makeup idols!) came out with a collaboration with Becca (one of my favorite brands!) I knew it was a product I would just have to buy. This product is a bit expensive, but it was a birthday present to myself, so I made an exception. It looks beautiful on my skin tone, it is the perfect champagne gold color, not too dark and not too light. I have been highly impressed with this product! I can see this looking beautiful on a wide range of skin tones, I highly recommend you going into Sephora and testing this product out, it's amazing!!


Thank you all for reading!
I'm trying to get back to blog posts just on Sundays. I started to branch away from that and post whenever I wanted, but then I got less consistent. So back to Sunday blogging for me! :)

As always, thanks for reading
xoxo, Jaimie

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS