Sunday, March 8, 2015

Current Favorites

Happy Sunday all. I unfortunately just came down with a nasty cold, so I'm resting up in bed today catching up on some shows and just taking some time to rest and relax. I figured it would be the perfect time to share some of my favorite products and random things that I've been loving lately.

REMINDER: My episode of Wheel Of Fortune airs on Tuesday, March 10th this week. If you want to read about my experience, and some behind the scenes questions, check out my post here!


Blog Favorites

My new blog design!! Do you love it? I have been wanting to redesign for a while now, but haven't had the time to sit down and re code my blog. I LOVE the way it turned out. I love all things black, white and gold, and this really sums that up. I think it is a lot easier to navigate, my social media icons are large and in charge, and you can now subscribe my email if you choose! How do you like it? I would love to hear your feedback.

Beauty Products

I have been using a lot of the same products recently, so not a lot of new favorites around here. I recently fell back in love with the Stay Don't Stray eye primer from Benefit. A lovely blogger friend of mine, Sarah and I did a gift swap a few weeks ago and she sent me a travel size of the primer. I've had it before and loved it, just never wanted to spend the money on it. After this sample size finishes up (they last forever) I honestly might buy the full size. It is such a great primer that keeps my eyeshadow on perfectly all day.

I also have really been loving a new bronzer lately. I have been using the Chocolate Soleil bronzer from Too Faced. It is a really nice shade for my skin tone. It doesn't look like I put any bronzer on, but still warms up my face, if that makes sense!! It doesn't look obvious, or too dark, but it makes my skin look like it has a very healthy warmth to it. Added bonus, it smells exactly like chocolate.

Those are really the only two new things I've added to my makeup routine lately. I have been trying some new products, but haven't been using them long enough to test on the blog. Something lately has been making my skin kind of freak out, so I'm trying to figure out where that is coming from before recommending any face products that I've been trying out!

Fashion Favorites

I am so obsessed with Old Navy lately. I never used to shop there, but I feel like their clothing lines up with my sense of "style". They have these new Linen-Blend Boyfriend Tees, and I'm obsessed. They are $17, but my old navy had them on sale for $7 the other day, and now they are just $10 I believe. I got three, green stripe, coral stripe, and black stripe. They fit so casually, but the black one could easily be dressed up. They don't cling to the body, but don't look so baggy that they could pass as a dress. I really like these, I don't think I need more but if they are ever $7 again I might pick up one or two more!

I just signed up for my first Stitch Fix. I am so excited to try this out. My only draw back is that I've heard, and read in blog reviews, that the clothes can be kind of spend. I am excited to get my box and see what pieces they sent me. I have a mall nearby my house, but I don't expand much out of that, and would love to try new pieces that I wouldn't normally have right in front of me in a store to buy. I will for sure do a blog post when I receive my box and let you all know my thoughts! It will be arriving on the 18th.

Fitness Favorites

I might start sharing more fitness things around here on the blog. I am so proud of myself for sticking with my "new years resolution" of getting my booty back in the gym. I've been going consistently since the year started, and it is motivating to see the number of people at the gym dwindling down with each new month, and I'm still there. I find the most success in taking group classes, and then following it up with some weight training. I get REALLY bored if I do cardio on my own, so getting my cardio in during a class is the best.

I've been taking Body Pump, have any of you taken it? It is so fun, but extremely hard. I've been doing it for about 4 or 5 weeks now, twice a week, and I'm still so overly sore after each class, in a good way. Other than Body Pump, I do spin class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I've always loved spin, it is a great stress burner and I can burn a lot of calories in one hour of spin!

Speaking of calories, I've been loving my Polar Watch! I got it for Christmas, and I really love it. It is interesting to see how many calories I'm burning, just so I have something to go off of. I took a spin class on Tuesday, and burned 567 calories, and on my Thursday class I wanted to beat that. Well, that in itself was so motivating, and I busted out 673 on Thursday! I really do love it, I just have the basic one, but I really am loving it.




Well those are my current favorites. I have been trying a lot of new products, but I'm still in the trial phase so I can't quite share my 100% honest opinion yet. I have some fun reviews coming up. Would you guys like to see a review/swatch post of the new Jaclyn Hill eyeshadow pallet? I am ready to give my full review on that if anyone is interested!

As always, thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE your blog design! did you design everything yourself? it looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS