Saturday, September 20, 2014

Recently Read : Chapter Two

I got sent a free copy of this book by Birchbox in exchange for my review. As always, anything written on my blog is 100% my true opinion and beliefs.

Onto my second installment of my recently read books! I only have one book to share this time, because I have been SO busy. On top of all of that, I just got accepted into Graduate School, so my pleasure reading might take a hit. I will still make sure to review any books that I do finish though!


I recently read "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)" by Mindy Kaling.


It is a collection of short stories from the famous actress from The Office. I love Mindy Kaling, she is so hilarious. Since I have seen her as an actress, it is a little easier to breeze through this book while picturing her voice and personality shine through her writing.

Like I said, it is a collection of short stories, which makes it extremely easy to read it on the side. You can really set down the book whenever, and pick back up pretty smoothly. The whole book is hilarious, down to earth, and easy going. She talked a lot about her experiences before becoming a successful actress, which was really fun to read about. Often we see successful actors/actresses and assume that they just grew up famous and had it easy, that wasn't the case with Mindy. She shared her struggles, and the crappiest moments in her life, but then shared how it all worked out for her.

After reading this book, it made me laugh, smile, and love Mindy Kaling so much more! It was a little hard to finish just because of that short story concept. Right when I would get into what she was writing about, the topic would completely change into a completely different time in her life. I found myself putting this book down a lot because I was bored, but if you have extra time and need a good laugh, I highly recommend this!! :) 


What should I read next? I am lusting over "Big, Little Lies"! 

As always, thanks for reading
xoxo, Jaimie


2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this book! Also how did you get the book in exchange for a review? Did you contact the company or did they contact you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol! I am a "birchblogger" so I get opportunities from Birchbox to review things monthly. If you are a blogger you can apply for their program! They often have twitter campaigns where you tweet a certain thing to get entered to be sent their book. They sent out 150 copies of this book, I'm not sure how many total Birchbloggers there are though.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS