Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Boxycharm | April 2015

I'm here today with a new subscription box post! To make a really long story short, I have unsubscribed from Birchbox. I still highly recommend it if you are new to boxes, but I was just finding that I'm receiving way too many small samples and I'm simply just not using them. There are other boxes that I receive full-size products in, so my money doesn't seem well spent to receive small packet samples.

So after I cancelled Birchbox, I decided to put that money toward trying a new box to review for you guys. I signed up for Boxycharm, and April was my first month. This box is $21 a month, so double the price of Birchbox. All though it is a more expensive box, the value is insane. I have watched a lot of YouTube videos and read a lot of blogs before signing up for Boxycharm, and the value is always well over $80, and sometimes much more!

Check out Boxycharm HERE!

So without further delay, here is my April 2015 Boxycharm!

1. Coolway Smoothing Lotion - FULL SIZE 
    Value : $24.95



So the very first product was full size, and it was already worth more than the box itself. This is a smoothing lotion that says it tames frizz and controls those crazy flyaway hairs. It smells delicious, and is a really great texture. I get pretty frizzy hair when I wear it straight (which I never do), so I haven't been able to try this yet. I have felt the texture, and I think it will work great. Also, this product came with a 35% off coupon for their website. You can use the code : BOXY4U to get the discount at the Coolway website.

2. ModelCo Shine Ultra Lip Gloss - FULL SIZE
    Value : $16.00



Another full size product. This is a really great lip gloss, I actually wore it today. It looks really bright in the tube, but it isn't that bright when it's on. I found that when I wore it on it's own, it is pretty sheer and not a very noticeable color, but when on top of my favorite pink lipstick, it makes it even brighter! ModelCo glosses are nice because they have a really convenient mirror right on the packaging. I can't complain here, so far I am pleased with the first two products.

3. OFRA Illuminating Blush Stripes - FULL SIZE
    Value : $35.00


Another full size product, yup! I was really happy when I saw this product in my box, because it is so unique. There is four highlight colors in the pan, and they are all so beautiful. I have been wearing the two on the right mixed together since I received this box and it looks very natural, yet really nice on the cheek bones! I am obsessed with this product so far. I am interested to see what color of highlight I would get if I swirled the entire pan, but I don't want to ruin it, it's too pretty! ;) Very impressed with this product!

4. Harvey Prince Roller Fragrance - MINI SIZE
    Value : $21.00 for the mini size

This was the only product in the box that wasn't full size, and if you ask me, that is really impressive! Unfortunately, I am really picky with perfume. I don't think I've ever received a perfume sample that I've liked, and this continues that trend. It is a pretty floral scent, but I don't like floral scents on myself. Unfortunately I won't be using this, but I'm sure one of my friends or family members would love it! This was my only product that was a "miss", so that is pretty good!

5. Coastal Scents REvealed 2 Pallette - FULL SIZE
    Value : $39.95 (This palette is always on sale on their website for $19.95)


You're kidding right?! A full size eyeshadow palette in a subscription box. This palette is amazing! The packaging is so sleek and thin, but holds 20 eyeshadow colors so it is great for traveling. I put a photo below of this next to the Urban Decay Naked Palette so you can see the size. I have used this palette twice since receiving and the shadows are really nice, they blend great and are very pigmented. I am highly impressed, and this topped the whole box off for me!


Final Thoughts:

The total value of my box was $136.90. SUPER impressed. I received 5 products, and 4 of them were full size. I truly will use four of the five products, and won't use the perfume. I used to have to convince myself to use products out of my Birchbox, but I'm genuinely excited to start using these products. I will continue to stay subscribed to this, and will keep you updated next month if it is just as good. Are there any other boxes that you'd like a review on? My April Ipsy bag review will be up next.

Want your own Boxycharm box? You can check it out, and sign up here! 

As always, thanks for reading.
xoxo, Jaimie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS